First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco Tuning Update! We are ready for a soft release. We are also excited to introduce our remote ecu install programing with our FDRS flyway kit. With this kit we send a loner computer and cable compatible with FDRS which allows us to fully program your ecu remotely. This allows you to install your ecu without having to go to a dealer for programming. Here is a breakdown of the cost.

$999.95 ZFG Racing LLC custom tune and hp tuners MPVI3 (support for the RTD will be available soon and will reduce the cost to 829.95).
https://t.ly/NwSKt

$400 For and HP Tuners unlocked USED ecu (if you would like brand new ecu the cost is $1000).
https://t.ly/s8Q25

$250 remote ecu install programing, with our FDRS flyway kit. This is optional, programing can be done by anyone with FDRS.
https://t.ly/A_OuS

Simplified this down into a STAGE 0 Kit for which gets you the tune, tuning deice, remote programing and ecu all in one package.

https://www.tunedbyzfgracing.com/product-page/2022-bronco-raptor-3-0l-stage-0-package
Sponsored

Last edited:

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
1. So it's a used PCM not ECU, right?
2. Can you tune the transmission? Specifically, can you fix the very tougb 4->5 upshift at low rpm on Sport mode?
3. Are OTA software updates possible with these used PCMs?
4. Any other downsides to these used PCMs?

OP
OP
ZFGracing

ZFGracing

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. So it's a used PCM not ECU, right?
2. Can you tune the transmission? Specifically, can you fix the very tougb 4->5 upshift at low rpm on Sport mode?
3. Are OTA software updates possible with these used PCMs?
4. Any other downsides to these used PCMs?
1) ecu, pcm, ecm whatever you want to call it these days 😆. But yes it is the PCM.
2) yes, we specialize in 10-speed transmission tuning. That being said if it's broken already we're not going to be able to tune it out we'll be able to make it better but then it'll come back in some other form. My guess is you probably just need an update which we can pull down the latest file when we do the tune.
3) all of the non pcm over-the-air updates should work as designed. Hypothetically the PCM should work as well, however anytime there is an update it's going to wipe out your tune if it goes through. No big deal you just flash again. The important thing to remember is the ECU is not a part number typically compatible with a Bronco so there is at least one fdrs function that does not work as intended but other than that once it's installed everything else works fine. The software update within fdrs works fine so my assumption is that the OTA will also work fine.
4) no there really isn't honestly isn't, but I wasn't about to sell used ecu's for 1k like some other shops. I'll give you guys the choice. The only other downside I see is availability, I have about 20 used ecu's in Stock at the $400 price point.

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Maybe I missed it but what is the typical gains?

imOFP

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2C, BRaptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe I missed it but what is the typical gains?
I got you fam.

For the 3.0l EcoBoost we offer
  • Auto Octane- an adaptive tune that adjust the to octane level of the fuel being used.
  • Typical gains of up to 50 hp and 50 ft-lbs of torque when using 93 octane with this tune!

• 91 and 93 Octane- Tunes specific to the rated octane level being used, while still maintaining the ability to turn down the power level if a lower octane level is use on accident.
  • Typical gains of up to 75 hp and 75 ft-lbs!

• E50 supports addtional ethanol content of 50%.
  • Typical gains of up to 100 hp and 100ft-lbs!
50-100 HP/TQ depending on fuel/tune.

Sponsored

JetG

First Edition
First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Macan Turbo w/PP & 2016 911 Turbo Vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got you fam.

50-100 HP/TQ depending on fuel/tune.

Thank you, and I know it seem the norm for the additional 50 hp but that just seems low. I am use to 75-90hp similar to a goodtuned raptor truck.

OP
OP
ZFGracing

ZFGracing

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you, and I know it seem the norm for the additional 50 hp but that just seems low. I am use to 75-90hp similar to a goodtuned raptor truck.
Those are the conservative numbers, feel free to check out Facebook out and look at what we are doing with the 3.0l and 3.5l f150s platforms. We are really the leaders in the v6 Ecoboost game!

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
2) yes, we specialize in 10-speed transmission tuning. That being said if it's broken already we're not going to be able to tune it out we'll be able to make it better but then it'll come back in some other form. My guess is you probably just need an update which we can pull down the latest file when we do the tune.
That's very vague/odd. Doesn't even sound logical. I'm up to date as far as Sync claims.

3) all of the non pcm over-the-air updates should work as designed. Hypothetically the PCM should work as well, however anytime there is an update it's going to wipe out your tune if it goes through. No big deal you just flash again. The important thing to remember is the ECU is not a part number typically compatible with a Bronco so there is at least one fdrs function that does not work as intended but other than that once it's installed everything else works fine. The software update within fdrs works fine so my assumption is that the OTA will also work fine.
Would be nice to have a solid answer here rather than what's in red...

OP
OP
ZFGracing

ZFGracing

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/bronco