Sponsored

USB next to the Wireless charging pad not working now.

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Recently I added 2 devices to connect to the 2 USB Ports in the front of the Center Console.
One is a Dash Cam and the other is a Wireless Charging Stand for my phone.
Everything worked perfect for a couple weeks, but then I noticed there was no power to either USB Port.
I pulled the console top and made sure the power connector was still attached and reseated it, and still nothing.
I checked the fuses under the hood 125/139 iirc that supplies power to the DASH USB and the front center console and they were both good.
The USB on top of the dash near the windshield is working just fine.
The wireless charging pad is working just fine.
All of this was as expected since each have their own fuse.
It is acting like the BCM turned off power to the ports for some reason, but I have no idea how to reset that.

Any advise other than bringing it to the dealer and leaving it there for a month is appreciated.

2022 Wildtrack 4 Door with Lux package.
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Time to take it back to your dealer for some warranty work.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recently I added 2 devices to connect to the 2 USB Ports in the front of the Center Console.
Everything worked perfect for a couple weeks, but then I noticed there was no power to either USB Port.
I pulled the console top and made sure the power connector was still attached and reseated it, and still nothing.
I checked the fuses under the hood 125/139 iirc that supplies power to the DASH USB and the front center console and they were both good.
It is acting like the BCM turned off power to the ports for some reason, but I have no idea how to reset that.

Any advise other than bringing it to the dealer and leaving it there for a month is appreciated.

Is everything on your 12" screen working properly?

The reason I ask is because several others (including myself) have had their 12" screens go out, and the root cause appears to be a failed SYNC 4 APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module). One of the symptoms besides the 12" screen being out is the USB power ports below the climate controls also being out, while the USB power ports on top of the dash are still working fine.

Hopefully your APIM is not starting to fail, because it's on backorder nationally, and people have been waiting 2+ months for replacement parts.

You should definitely get it checked at your dealer. You don't have to leave the vehicle there indefinitely. Just pick it up after the diagnostics are complete. If they need to order a replacement part, you can still drive your vehicle in the meantime.

OP
OP
Alvin Olson

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is everything on your 12" screen working properly?

The reason I ask is because several others (including myself) have had their 12" screens go out, and the root cause appears to be a failed SYNC 4 APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module). One of the symptoms besides the 12" screen being out is the USB power ports below the climate controls also being out, while the USB power ports on top of the dash are still working fine.

Hopefully your APIM is not starting to fail, because it's on backorder nationally, and people have been waiting 2+ months for replacement parts.

You should definitely get it checked at your dealer. You don't have to leave the vehicle there indefinitely. Just pick it up after the diagnostics are complete. If they need to order a replacement part, you can still drive your vehicle in the meantime.
Thanks.. everything else is working fine.
At least that I can tell.

I did a master reset on the Sync head unit and that didn't help at all.

I will schedule a visit to the dealership, however I am not very optimistic.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks.. everything else is working fine.
At least that I can tell.

I did a master reset on the Sync head unit and that didn't help at all.

I will schedule a visit to the dealership, however I am not very optimistic.
Better to get the diagnostics done sooner rather than later, if parts have to be ordered. Otherwise the clock won't start ticking until the dealer orders the part. It should be covered under warranty, too, so hopefully you won't incur any out-of-pocket expense other than getting to and from the dealership and potentially being without transportation in the interim if you don't have another ride available. Good luck!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Good morning! Can you please send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership info? I would like to look into your concerns regarding your USB port.

OP
OP
Alvin Olson

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

3TooMany

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same issue - Badlands high package. Fuses are good. Had a dash cam plugged in to the USB port for 6mos before it went after a windshield replacement. Will get it addressed at my next oil change.

OP
OP
Alvin Olson

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same issue - Badlands high package. Fuses are good. Had a dash cam plugged in to the USB port for 6mos before it went after a windshield replacement. Will get it addressed at my next oil change.
My guess, at this point, is that the Computer detected a parasitic drain on the USB Port from my DashCam which has a built in battery. It then shut off power to that circuit electronically.

Apple Blossom

Outer Banks
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I had the USB like this stop working my my 2018 Edge. I did everything... no go. Took it to dealer and a young gentleman and I went through everything again and decided the unit was toast. Ordered a new one, bingo... fixed. No problems ever again.

Sponsored

3TooMany

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess, at this point, is that the Computer detected a parasitic drain on the USB Port from my DashCam which has a built in battery. It then shut off power to that circuit electronically.
That could be it. I may switch to an OBDII power cord in the meantime.

When I get this fixed (probably next month) I’ll update my post here.

Bronkyto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2022 Cayenne S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That could be it. I may switch to an OBDII power cord in the meantime.

When I get this fixed (probably next month) I’ll update my post here.
I have had the same issue since picking up my Bronco last year. Anyone have this issue fixed by Ford? All of the LA dealers want the truck for a few days to diagnose which is not exactly convenient. Eventually need to bring it in if not something that can easily be fixed DIY.

3TooMany

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for not giving an update. I actually found out my dash cam cable was nicked causing a ground short. The second cable I tested with also turned out to be bad.

So the usb port was either working fine the whole time, or powered back up after I replaced the cable.

Bronkyto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2022 Cayenne S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for not giving an update. I actually found out my dash cam cable was nicked causing a ground short. The second cable I tested with also turned out to be bad.

So the usb port was either working fine the whole time, or powered back up after I replaced the cable.
Got it thx. I'll eventually bring it into the dealer. Have confirmed the ports on the dash and rear passenger area work but for some reason the USB A and C ports next to the wireless charging pad are lit up but never work (Charge) when phone is plugged in.

BroncoChic1523

Big Bend
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good morning! Can you please send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership info? I would like to look into your concerns regarding your USB port.
I am having the same issues my screen is working fine but none of my ports usb or c port are recognizing or working to charge or reading my phone? It’s always something with this faux ughhh.
Sponsored