Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the factory trail cameras was a daily driver Dashcam (ie. It's there a record feature)?

Closest thread I saw addressing this was: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/trail-camera-feature.3023/

But no definitive answers were given.

Anyone know?
My guess is "no."

My reasoning for this is:

1. We haven't heard any word from Ford supporting this.

2. There are dash cams separately listed in the accessory catalog by part number. (And not like an upgrade to the software).

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the videos from KOH the guys talked about it a little and that front trail camera flips on when in Rock or Baja Mode and since you shouldn't drop those on pavement then I would think not. Could you drive in Baja on pavement and get that trail cam engaged, sure, however it is not advised. As far as recording, look through that new SYNC tutorial but pretty sure you can't record from that. If you want to record the best option is to get the rail bar and a GoPro.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Even if this was possible, you're not going to achieve what you're looking for. The front cam gives you just the 4-5 feet in front of the vehicle. Not super helpful for dashcam purposes.

Reactions: RG7

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No.

Yes you can record your trail ride if you have the mid package or higher. But it cannot be used on pavement due to drive mode requirements.

A gopro on the rail works... but not the best.

Ideally you have an actual dash cam. GPS, speed, emergency recording, standby recording, etc. all built in.

Also its best mounted up behind the mirror. Or high as possible. Especially on a tall truck or you will miss license plates on your vids.

I've used a Kenwood dash cam for years. Never caught a single exciting thing.
Sponsored