Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super helpful. Thank you!
I have all of that. Just don't have an 'add a fuse' that fits into the Bronco fuse box. Can't find the correct ones.
Sponsored

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

haha... this hurts my head.
It wasn't supposed to be this hard!
:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you add a link to the 'add a fuse' you used? I've bought two sets off of Amazon, Micro 2 & 3 and they do NOT fit into the fuse box.
Ford service, and Napa couldn't help us out, either. They say it's brand new
Really? I am sure I used Micro-2.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Pop the overhead console out, take a couple of Scotchlok type connectors and splice into the wiring for one of the map lights, put the overhead console back into place.
Aren't those wire hot all the time? You would want a ignition on/off wire....no?

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088P4VFQ7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm using one of these. Put it between the rearview mirror power and it adds a USB port to power your camera.

I have a camera similar to this one. Has been working perfectly for ~4 years now.
What you won’t get with your intallation AFAIK is the parking sentry monitoring, since the mirror power is switched on and off with the ignition. With a system providing constant power from the battery regardless of the ACC being on or not, and if your cams will sense and record movement, you can have surveillance monitoring when your Bronco is parked. Since I wanted this when the top is down, up or otherwise I had to find connections for both switched and unswitched power.

Sponsored

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What you won’t get with your intallation AFAIK is the parking sentry monitoring, since the mirror power is switched on and off with the ignition. With a system providing constant power from the battery regardless of the ACC being on or not, and if your cams will sense and record movement, you can have surveillance monitoring when your Bronco is parked. Since I wanted this when the top is down, up or otherwise I had to find connections for both switched and unswitched power.
The camera I use has a "supercapacitor" that leaves it running for 30/45 minutes after you park. It works pretty well.
Our team isn't going back to work in the office anytime soon, so the only places the Bronco is out of my sight is when I'm at the gym or at the grocery story. 99% of the other places I visit regularly have parking and windows to see the parking lot easily.

There's also the 12v power for the overhead dome lights thats always live, it should be easy enough run a wire to the power pin on the dashcam harness to have 12v constant for it

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you add a link to the 'add a fuse' you used? I've bought two sets off of Amazon, Micro 2 & 3 and they do NOT fit into the fuse box.
Ford service, and Napa couldn't help us out, either. They say it's brand new
These are the ones I referenced in my post above.

AB9B0059-AF8D-496E-8BB8-A75837C40BD1.png

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Help please! I’m trying to hardwire my dash cam (Rex 3) to the fuse panel under the steering wheel.
why on earth did Ford have to make such impossible to deal with or find fuses!?
I can’t find an adapter or something to work.
I am a newbie at this and appreciate all the help.
I posted a thread all about it -- I can link the add-a-fuse tap I found on amazon if you'd like?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-interior-fuse-box-with-add-a-fuse-tap.32486/

edit: @2Jeeps&PatriotX1 already did so above 😛

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted a thread all about it -- I can link the add-a-fuse tap I found on amazon if you'd like?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-interior-fuse-box-with-add-a-fuse-tap.32486/

edit: @2Jeeps&PatriotX1 already did so above 😛
I apologize!
That is what I get for getting so frustrated. I became the person who didn't search, just asked! :p
Silly me!
I thought I've read everything I could possibly have read and just hit the wall.
ok..... headed out to give it another try. After it warms above freezing.

Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No need to apologize! Follow up here if you have questions, I'll try to answer as soon as I can

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The camera I use has a "supercapacitor" that leaves it running for 30/45 minutes after you park. It works pretty well.
Our team isn't going back to work in the office anytime soon, so the only places the Bronco is out of my sight is when I'm at the gym or at the grocery story. 99% of the other places I visit regularly have parking and windows to see the parking lot easily.

There's also the 12v power for the overhead dome lights thats always live, it should be easy enough run a wire to the power pin on the dashcam harness to have 12v constant for it
what camera set up are you using? I'm interested in the supercaps. I want to install a camera for front and rear but the selection is just too many so i want to go with people's recommendations

wedemmoez

Badlands
First Name
Moez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs