Sponsored

Using the windshield washer at high speeds is a joke.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe you guys have uncovered the cause. That deflector is staying so I suppose I will just wait until I have slowed down to use them or lean to the side to see around the bug splats. Like Mike said, it does minimize the bugs so I guess it's a wash (no pun intended).
I have the trail armor and the hood deflector installed on my Bronco as well, FWIW
Sponsored

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How dare Ford design an off-road vehicle with a near upright windshield that kills bugs fast at 70 MPH? To top it off, the washer fluid doesn’t spray on the windshield at 70 MPH due to brick like aerodynamics, and it gets on the paint. Oh, the humanity! I will talk to my friend Jimmy (Farley) when we play the next round at Shepherd’s Hollow Golf Club and tell him he ought to be ashamed of this horrible design defect.

Last edited:

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody else experience this. A big bug hits the glass right in your line of sight so you hit the windshield washers at 70 mph. Since there is nothing aerodynamic about these Broncos, the wind bouncing off the windshield blows the washer fluid back on the hood. It's only a little mist that actually makes it to the glass. Then when it dries up the hood is all streaked from the washer fluid. I don't know that there is a fix for this unless we go to the new Heep windshield washer blades that have the squirters in the blade itself.
Do you have a bug deflector on your hood?

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Badlands
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4dr Badlands 2017 Superduty 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Badlands
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There always has to be the few that think they have to come up with some cute remark on a thread. I presented a question to get an answer. I got that answer. The deflector I mounted on the hood is what is causing the washer fluid to go everywhere but on the windshield. I suppose they assumed that I was whining and should not even own the new Bronco. I have owned 7 early Broncos and still have two. I've driven nothing but trucks for the last 50 years so I understand flat windshields.
Good grief, if you can't contribute to the conversation, move on. To the rest of you, thanks for your input.

Heavy pedal all the way.jpg

OCBR.JPG

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's my experience. Washer fluid application was fine and then I put the hood deflector on. Now I don't bother above ~40 mph. Most of the fluid won't hit your windshield. :ROFLMAO: But the deflector keeps most of the bugs off the bottom 2/3 of the windshield, so that's nice.
I believe you guys have uncovered the cause. That deflector is staying so I suppose I will just wait until I have slowed down to use them or lean to the side to see around the bug splats. Like Mike said, it does minimize the bugs so I guess it's a wash (no pun intended).
Do you guys like the hood deflector? I was thinking about getting it mostly to help with any small rocks or that kind of thing. But I'm not sure if its really worth it. I don't do a ton of open road/back country type driving so I wasn't super concerned about the lack of being able to use the windshield spray, I'm just not sure of the hood deflector helps for what I'd want it for.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have no idea if it helps with small rocks. It definitely helps keep some bugs off your windshield. I’m glad I have it.

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Badlands
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I know for sure that there aren't any rock chips on the front of my hood. I do take mine off road so I got the four corner protection. I felt this just completed the look.

IMG_0303[1].JPG
Sponsored