Sponsored

Noise from the inside rear at highway speeds?

jmd5199

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered previously, but could not find it...

I'm about a month into ownership of a 2023 Bronco Outer Banks with MIC hard top. Just recently, I started hearing a new noise, only after reaching 50+ mph or so. Sounds like a clicking from the right rear area of the trunk. At first I thought it was the rear passenger window not sealing properly after the door closes, but it sounds like it's coming from further back, in the trunk area. The sound is higher than a tire sound, so I am assuming something with the MIC top or the windows. Since it only starts when reaching highway speeds I am assuming something is loose and affected by the larger airflow. I know the cabin is noisy at highway speeds but this is a very specific clicking from what seems like a specific area. When visually inspected where I think the sound is coming from, I haven't been able to spot anything.

Any advice or someone else who has experienced and solved this issue? Thanks!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered previously, but could not find it...

I'm about a month into ownership of a 2023 Bronco Outer Banks with MIC hard top. Just recently, I started hearing a new noise, only after reaching 50+ mph or so. Sounds like a clicking from the right rear area of the trunk. At first I thought it was the rear passenger window not sealing properly after the door closes, but it sounds like it's coming from further back, in the trunk area. The sound is higher than a tire sound, so I am assuming something with the MIC top or the windows. Since it only starts when reaching highway speeds I am assuming something is loose and affected by the larger airflow. I know the cabin is noisy at highway speeds but this is a very specific clicking from what seems like a specific area. When visually inspected where I think the sound is coming from, I haven't been able to spot anything.

Any advice or someone else who has experienced and solved this issue? Thanks!
Hi Jack! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Clobbit

First Edition
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70 3.3
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any answer to this? I have the same issue with my 2D FE. Clicking from the back and we cannot pinpoint where it is coming from.

OP
OP

jmd5199

Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am waiting to take it to the dealer but no answer. Don't see anything not flush or out of place. Sounds like it is coming from the inside of the rear cap but no real idea. Very frustrating.
Sponsored