Bronco_43

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 91 Beretta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You certainly notice how loud it is when your Bronco doesn’t have a radio.
Sponsored

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, a first edition with 8k miles for 78k.
To actually answer your question, I have had my soft top big bend for over a year and really do not have much issue with noise. It's obviously not silent but I am very impressed with the noise level given the situation. I even took it across the country to Moab and loved it. The only thing that I do notice is that the top will flap if you are following a semi or any big truck because of the draft.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Loud/load only on highway with windows out....that's pretty overwhelming after a few hours, esp. in the rain....

Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine doesn’t make a sound.

At all.

Hasn’t for weeks.

Won’t for years.

77D80F29-ADC0-4666-A0CF-97D159BFD187.jpeg

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're shopping an off-road SUV. Ford engineered that as the primary goal, and many other design decisions were compromised to accommodate that goal. For example, there's not much storage, even in the 4-door. Wind noise, as many noted, is louder than a sedan or a soccer-mom SUV. Things rattle a bit more than a Camry: the windows, for instance. Rear seating is adequate, but not comfy and roomy. I got the Badlands Lux, and find the music and infotainment system more than adequate. It electronically adjusts for road noise.
The tires you choose matter. If you order, and aren't planning on serious off-roading, consider specifying tires other than the Goodyear Territory "rock chuckers." Aggressive tires are noisy.
If you want to go backcountry roads and trails, you won't find a better stock vehicle. It's my daily drive, and I put up with things (like limited storage)* because I love rough roads that my minivan could never (safely) handle.
Check thebronconation.com membership map, and see if you can locate --and pal around with--a Bronco owner. And ask Bronco drivers what they think when opportunity allows.

*Would you believe I have a 50-inch 280-pound double oven in the back of my 4-Door right now? Got a great deal on it. Now I have to find 4 strong guys to get it out and carry it inside! Whew!

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Been looking at getting a Bronco and when talking with my dealer they asked if i had drove one, i said no. They said some poeple do not like how load they are inside.

If i bought one it would have the hard top.

Are they really that load inside people are trading them in? Or is he being dramatic?
Noticeable, but not a dealbreaker.

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine doesn’t make a sound.

At all.

Hasn’t for weeks.

Won’t for years.

Ford Bronco Interior noise / NVH ? 77D80F29-ADC0-4666-A0CF-97D159BFD187
"Won't for years"......??
Do I understand you right? Are you keeping this as some kind of investment or future garage find? That's like marrying a beautiful virgin and never consummating the marriage!
AAAaaaaaarrrrrghh!

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Won't for years"......??
Do I understand you right? Are you keeping this as some kind of investment or future garage find? That's like marrying a beautiful virgin and never consummating the marriage!
AAAaaaaaarrrrrghh!
No, he’s deployed

Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In all seriousness, the Bronco isn’t a high end luxury vehicle with extra insulation and refined street tires. Is there wind noise? Yes…. However, with my stereo on 7 and at 75 mph I can still hear the music very well and still have a normal conversation. I have more road noise than wind noise but still very manageable so long as you have reasonable expectations.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The faster you go the louder it gets. Definitely can’t use Bluetooth for a phone conversation on the freeway.
I'll dispute this claim. I have a 2-door and regularly use my Apple Carplay for doing phone calls. It is just fine and better than any vehicle I have ever owned. May be different depending on trim, but this is the perspective with having the 2-Door LUX package.

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't agree with this at all. I have a hard top.

It's not noticeably louder than my 2002 xterra it replaced.
Funny, I have the same reaction. I have my 2-door hard top and it does get progressively louder with speed.....and/or high winds. But I replaced my 2008 Nissan Xterra with my Bronco and I feel that the Bronco may only be SLIGHTLY louder than the Xterra, but only at highway speeds.

If anyone want's luxury quiet, don't get the Bronco, but it will be your loss.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"loud" is a bit of a subjective term... Personally I find the wind noise on a soft-top to be incredibly loud (and I've spent time around heavy artillery, lol) but it's not something that would stop me from buying a Bronco.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The High and Lux packages have “Additional sound deadening”. It would be interesting to drive one with and without this option to hear the difference. I have an SAS and Lux. Phone calls are not an issue. It is however louder (tire and wind noise) than my 2015 Explorer Limited.

I was worried about noise fatigue on longer trips. That hasn’t happened yet.
Sponsored