Sponsored

Tire / Cabin Noise NVH & Daily Drivability with the Sasquatch Package?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is just totally incorrect. 33s aren’t going to provide much different ride than 35s, however the 35s will be a bit softer because of the extra sidewall to absorb the bumps.
There is a LOT of selection in tires in either size, and if you go squatch you can always downsize to 33s if you want.
Partially correct, 33" and under can be had in the more compliant load range SL, vs 35" load range C, D or E. Stiffer sidewalls make for a less comfortable ride.

Maybe there is a crossover point where say a 33" load SL is similar to the taller sidewall 35" load range C?
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It certainly won't be like riding in a Volvo, that's for sure. Won't be as loud as my Blazers with MT tires and glasspacks. You should be able to carry on a conversation if you should want to, or not.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the LUX Package with the B&O Stereo and just Crank up the Tunes? with whatever size tires you want

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It certainly won't be like riding in a Volvo, that's for sure. Won't be as loud as my Blazers with MT tires and glasspacks. You should be able to carry on a conversation if you should want to, or not.
Haven't heard the term Glasspacks in a long time, brings back memories of my 72 Vega with A Glasspack ?

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Partially correct, 33" and under can be had in the more compliant load range SL, vs 35" load range C, D or E. Stiffer sidewalls make for a less comfortable ride.

Maybe there is a crossover point where say a 33" load SL is similar to the taller sidewall 35" load range C?
C is very soft and compliant...and actually D is not bad in 35s. The “harsh” ride thing compared to 33s that you floated is just false.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

C is very soft and compliant...and actually D is not bad in 35s. The “harsh” ride thing compared to 33s that you floated is just false.
Maybe harsher is the wrong word. Many people are coming to the Bronco from cars and SUVs. Many people that talk about 35" tires are coming from trucks.

The expectations from these two groups of buyers will be different.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
35” Mud tires can sound like a helicopter when wearing out. If the SASQUATCH tires are loud you can swap them with some BFG ATs and fix it.
Do you mean as the mud tires wear down, they can make more noise?

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is just totally incorrect. 33s aren’t going to provide much different ride than 35s, however the 35s will be a bit softer because of the extra sidewall to absorb the bumps.
There is a LOT of selection in tires in either size, and if you go squatch you can always downsize to 33s if you want.
I agree. I also find that I typically have to lower my air pressure when I go up a size, which makes the ride a bit softer, but also makes the steering response a bit slower/looser. Trade-offs if you want to have reasonable trail clearance.

Sponsored

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it me, or does the GY Wrangler M/T's Look LESS aggressive than the K02's?
Do you mean sidewalls or tread pattern? To me the tread pattern on the wranglers have a little more siping than the KO2s. I have KO2s now on my Rubicon and really like them. I hope the wranglers are next generation Duratracs which is also a really good tire.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you mean sidewalls or tread pattern? To me the tread pattern on the wranglers have a little more siping than the KO2s. I have KO2s now on my Rubicon and really like them. I hope the wranglers are next generation Duratracs which is also a really good tire.
I mean overall. I would of thought the tread blocks would be more open on a mudder? Is it me or do the K02'S look more like a mud tire....

OP
OP
JAX

JAX

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercedes E350, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Goodyear is a 'max traction' tire not a mud terrain tire.
Is that tire going to be on the Sasquatch package? Sorry for possibly obvious questions.
Sponsored