stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That tight turning radius on the 2 door is a joy to use.

I like that the pillar is further back.

I haven’t noticed any adverse drivability or bumpiness with the shorter wheel base.

You kind of have to re learn how you put stuff in though. I’ve been driving a 4 door Tahoes for about 20 years.

I am loving the drivability of my 2 door.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: FFF

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want the 2 door for it's maneuverability on trails, and it fits in my garage much better.

Reactions: FFF

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the longer the wheelbase the more stable at higher speeds. So, yes besides ride' comfort' the 4dr will be more stable on the highway.

and yes, longer doors on the 2dr will be more difficult to fully open than shorter doors of the 4dr in a parking lot. however, navigating that parking lot is going to be more difficult in the 4dr.

Havent had any issues with my door size on the 2dr. Theyre no bigger than most cars/trucks. I had a guy in a new Silverado tried to get attitude the other day saying I parked too close to his truck and warning I better not his truck. I showed him my door was nowhere near his at full open and turned the tables saying he better not hit mine as I pretended to get his plate info just in case.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Havent had any issues with my door size on the 2dr. Theyre no bigger than most cars/trucks. I had a guy in a new Silverado tried to get attitude the other day saying I parked too close to his truck and warning I better not his truck. I showed him my door was nowhere near his at full open and turned the tables saying he better not hit mine as I pretended to get his plate info just in case.
My comment was relegated to city parking lots. Lots where you can full open a door if there's a car next to you don't exist here.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My comment was relegated to city parking lots. Lots where you can full open a door if there's a car next to you don't exist here.
and THAT's in the surface lots! Some of the indoor lots you practically have to climb out the window the spaces are so small. The Mariano's (regional supermarket chain) by me is in a shared building with indoor parking. I used it ONCE in my Acura RL (so just a sedan) and swore never again! Just fitting the car in and out was a chore, I don't know how people in larger vehicles even use that lot (and the logistics of navigating the narrow drives inside are "challenging". I usually just walk to the store but was on my way home and figured I'd just stop off and buy "more" stuff than usual since I was in the car.

Hehe, just visualized somebody trying to open the door on an Eldo or Town Car in there! :LOL:

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the longer the wheelbase the more stable at higher speeds. So, yes besides ride' comfort' the 4dr will be more stable on the highway.

and yes, longer doors on the 2dr will be more difficult to fully open than shorter doors of the 4dr in a parking lot. however, navigating that parking lot is going to be more difficult in the 4dr.
The 4 door may be more stable, but the 2 door is not unstable at all. It handled 85+mph on MT highways with ease.

It's really a non issue. If you're going to have issues daily driving one, you're most likely going to have issues with both.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been driving a 4-door daily for over a year. It’s as good a ride as my 2016 F150 Lariat. Turns well for it’s size. Just drove to FL and back (20 hours). Felt great and my body wasn’t exausted like it has been in the past.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am pleasantly surprised at the great turning radius on the 4dr and based on long trip luggage needs, the 4dr fits the bill nicely. Never had a problem with parking, but I am lucky not to have to deal with a city like Chicago that apparently has a parking environment based on compact and sub-compact vehicles (and that snow!). All that said, I like the looks of the 2dr as it more closely resembles the ER in particular and an off road vehicle in general. no bad broncos! :)

RichWpg

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2d Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here are the ways I found the 2d superior to the 4d:

- Easier to park, fits in smaller garages (length wise), and parallel parking
- Easier to maneuver around
- IMO better if you live in the denser city (like SF say vs something more spread out like Minneapolis) and need to boot around in it
- Acceleration it’s almost go-cart like… it just goes. Doesn’t lug around the extra 1k lbs (Wildtrak)
- Proportions, subjective…. But 2d are closer to original idea of a Bronco. Turns heads everywhere, even smile when they see it.
- Road manners - IMO better at low speeds (city driving), perfectly acceptable at high speeds (I’ve driven thousands of highway miles)
- audio: rear speakers closer to driver, better sound stage
- rarity - there just aren’t nearly as many out there. I have a cyber orange hard top Wildtrak 2d… I’ve never laid eyes on another one in person since I’ve owned it. Frankly, any 2d Wildtrak is quite rare IMO (at least where I live).

Super happy with my choice. Don’t miss the extra two doors at all. Whatever convenience they might have offered, doesn’t come close to offsetting these benefits to my situation.
Sponsored