First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never get how a possible ~$600 extra in fuel a year would be a significant concern for someone spending $50,000 on a vehicle....

That's 10,000 miles a year, $4/gallon, and 15mpg vs 20mpg, so likely a pretty high estimate of the yearly cost difference....

But overall, I'm very impressed with the 2.7L Ecoboost. I've had a 3.5L Ecoboost for years in my F150 and have loved it, looks like the 2.7L is also going to be great. Though IMHO, Sport mode is a must.
When you put it that way, it really isn’t a big deal.
Sponsored

Badlux

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 Scrambler , CJ-8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
costing me 70$ to fill up at 1/4 tank. I know it can run 87 safely but I’d rather not.
Holy crap, according to my calculations, assuming 15 gal fill up, its costing you $4.66/gal.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.7 BD Sas

3000km and averaging 21.3mpg lifetime

People here getting 12-15 truly must drive like asshats
I just got my 2.7 base sas and the computer is telling me 14 mpg and I’m being really soft on the peddle, coasting to stop lights, letting it use start/stop, etc. granted, my sample data is just 2 days of driving and I didn’t reset it when I got it. Maybe it idled a lot on ice mountain

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Everyone, I wanted to get some opinions from those of you that have your broncos and are daily driving them. I have a 4 door OBX 2.7 non squatch on order and have been wondering if I made the right engine choice. It will be driving city and hwy miles pretty evenly split. My husband wants the 2.7 (and im always game for the bigger engine with more power) but how bad will my MPG be compared to the 2.3? Is there a big enough difference for me to even be putting thought into this? Does driving the 2.7 vs the 2.3 justify the lesser MPG in smiles?? Lol I know this isnt a vehicle for good fuel economy, but given we have the choice, I feel its worth asking.
We have the same build/trim as you have on order. We also have the 4.27 gears w/advance 4 wheel drive system. Our Bronco currently has 2300 miles on the odo. Current in town mileage has been 16-17mpg and freeway mileage (70-75mph) has been 21-22 mpg, numbers we are quite happy with. My opinion is that the efficiency of the 2.3 engine will be very similar....maybe an extra mile/gal, but I wouldn't count on it. Lastly, I am using 91 octane fuel at $4.59/gal here in Central Calif to get the most out of the engine.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Holy crap, according to my calculations, assuming 15 gal fill up, its costing you $4.66/gal.
It was $4.3x the other day :( ridiculous. I can’t remember how many gallons It ended up being. Was just around 1/4

Sponsored

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got my 2.7 base sas and the computer is telling me 14 mpg and I’m being really soft on the peddle, coasting to stop lights, letting it use start/stop, etc. granted, my sample data is just 2 days of driving and I didn’t reset it when I got it. Maybe it idled a lot on ice mountain
Yeah that doesn't count.

reset that and that driving at worst should have you at 18

titleistforged

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2024 IS 500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3k miles in, 2ish months, averaging close to 20mpg on 87 driving mix of highway and local. It is not my true daily, so to speak, so probably not the best comparison, but I do drive it when I can if it makes sense.

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I DD a 2.7 4 door badlands sas...about as bad as you can get on the MPG platform. I drive into Seattle every day and traffic sucks. If I take it easy I can get 18+. If I drive it like I stole it I get 15.5. I works nights so on my way home at 4 am I do 80 and it gets about 16.5.

RPHCOLTEX

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2000 miles in, 20mile daily commute each way, 17.6 avg.

Sponsored

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve had my Sas 2.3 4 door soft top for 2 ish weeks now. Drove it from Granger to SFO in 3 days, then to Tahoe the same day. I daily it on my short 10 mile commute to work via half highway half surface roads. 2967 miles on it at the time I’m writing this and my lifetime average mpg is 17.5. Hope that helps!

image.jpg

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't let wife see this thread, don't let wife see this thread, don't let wife see this thread...

tenor.gif

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Everyone, I wanted to get some opinions from those of you that have your broncos and are daily driving them. I have a 4 door OBX 2.7 non squatch on order and have been wondering if I made the right engine choice. It will be driving city and hwy miles pretty evenly split. My husband wants the 2.7 (and im always game for the bigger engine with more power) but how bad will my MPG be compared to the 2.3? Is there a big enough difference for me to even be putting thought into this? Does driving the 2.7 vs the 2.3 justify the lesser MPG in smiles?? Lol I know this isnt a vehicle for good fuel economy, but given we have the choice, I feel its worth asking.
Hi,

I'm getting 20 on the highway averaging 75 mph and the city is just under 17 mph, 2.7 base package wheels for now. Hope this helps.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am averaging 17.1 MPG with my 2.7L 2 door BD over my first 900 miles......90 percent has been city driving
turbos sound nice too
I would never go for the baby motor myself