First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond, 1923 Model T Racer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I daily. 4 door, 7MT. Lifted on 35s, getting almost 18. 10 miles or so one way on work day. 20 min drive without traffic. Got about 9700 miles on it so far. It’s my only ride other than wife’s car, and 2 kids fit just fine in this but we take her timberline expedition on road trips.
Sponsored

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine will be a daily but I ordered it with that in mind. BB, 4 door, hardtop - road happy tires, passenger space, less noisy top with rear defroster/wiper.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seat comfort is definitely a YMMV topic.

I just returned from a 2000 mile roadtrip and drove 9 hours straight both outbound and on the return. I had no issues with seat comfort at all.

I am 6’1” and 200lbs and my seats are the MGV.

now wind noise, that is a different topic 🤣

I daily drive my BL but I also work from home so don’t put many miles on mine. Excluding my recent trip, my Bronco is 5 months old with only 2000 miles, so 400 miles a month. I am getting around 17 mpg combined and was filling up 2x a month with regular unleaded for around $70 per fill up.

Even though I am on the tall side, adding side steps really helped ingress/egress. That was probably the one thing that was really needed by my wife for daily use.
I’m 55. Sitting too long at my age could be a contributing factor.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I work from home but do drive to client sites on average once a week. Also my son moved to a town 30 min away, so I do a round trip for dinner or other about twice a week. I use my Bronco as a daily driver (2 door Squatch OBX). Mileage isn't great but I don't drive an extensive amount.

I have no issues with it as a daily...rack those miles up. Using it is what it was bought for.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m 55. Sitting too long at my age could be a contributing factor.
I am older than you! 🤣 but I am in decent shape and don’t have lower back or lumbar problems. That can make a big difference.

Sponsored

Oisinirish

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 4 door. Sasquatch. Manual
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Big bend, Sasquatch, 2.3 manual.
haven’t reset it but I’m averaging 18.2 over 5,000 miles so far using regular gas. I really work it driving highways and toll roads at 80-85mph. She ain’t aerodynamic but it love it.

Bronco-saurs

Outer Banks
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2.7l Four door SAS, OBX. Just hit 14,000 miles, currently hand calculated at 16.4mpg combined, had it since this last December. Absolutely love it as a daily. At 6'4 250lbs, I'm quite comfortable in it. Might end up breaking the headlight dial one day, but I love every bit of it. I never cared for the topic of "cheap interior", I didn't buy it to feel luxurious, I bought it to get into some mud with a warranty. Never did a soft top mudding...but I found out maybe having the top down and windows down was a bad idea. But with some more beer and down time, I'll get the rest of it cleaned out.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am older than you! 🤣 but I am in decent shape and don’t have lower back or lumbar problems. That can make a big difference.
26 of those years in Special Operations and as a Jumpmaster. Didnt hold back over the years for sure.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
26 of those years in Special Operations and as a Jumpmaster. Didnt hold back over the years for sure.
in your case it isn’t just the years, it’s the mileage! 🤣

and thank you for your service.

my cousin just left the Army (not by choice) because his ankles were so messed up from too many parachute landings during his time in Special Forces. He was a Captain , and I would have thought that there could have been something else he could do that could have kept him in. He is in his early 40s and walks like someone 20 years older.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in your case it isn’t just the years, it’s the mileage! 🤣

and thank you for your service.

my cousin just left the Army (not by choice) because his ankles were so messed up from too many parachute landings during his time in Special Forces. He was a Captain , and I would have thought that there could have been something else he could do that could have kept him in. He is in his early 40s and walks like someone 20 years older.

Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
22 Badlands 2DR 2.3 manual - daily driver. Have taken it on a five day trip to the Smokey Mountains NC from South Florida with no issues or reservations. Handled well on I95 at speed as well as on mountain roads. Rides like what it was made for vs a luxury SUV, but still quite comfortable for this old guy. Meets all my expectations

ME3iON

Outer Banks
First Name
Rhyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang, 2011 Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello,
All the lucky folks who have had their bronco for a bit, can you give your experience on what it's like to use your Bronco as a daily driver? What your commute is like and estimated fuel cost weekly. I wasn't going to use mine for a daily but I'm considering it.

Thanks a bunch. 🐎

I love driving my Bronco everyday. I took it for a road trip from Chicago to Las Vegas in July, and got used to the Bronco. I drove an Explorer and an Edge before my Bronco, so I have to get used to the soft top noise and all. Now that I'm adjusted to it I love driving my Bronco everyday. Its give me that "go-anywhere" feeling.

When I was breaking it in, I took all the scenic routes to my work had the top down everyday. My OBX is non sasquach so its very nimble and takes off from the light swiftly. On a 93 octane fuel, my 2.3 pulls to 100 mph with not problem. I've always wanna see my Bronco accelerate to 100mph on the highway. It feels pretty stable to me as I drive it, but I imagine how my brick-shaped Bronco glides through the highway at 100 mph look like to other drivers.

Also, another thing I love driving my Bronco everyday, is that Wranglers are all over now a days. One morning, I was driving along 5 Wranglers on the highway. Our Bronco stick out like sore-thumb because there are not too many Broncos on the street yet. The signature lights and the shape of the Bronco makes it noticable on the streets. Right now we are one of the coolest vehicle out there.

I average at 20 mpg, but I don't mind the fuel cost at all. Now that Illinois suspended state tax on gasoline, I'm using 93 octane on my 2.3 to enjoy that extra 30 hrsprs. ( you can feel the difference when you use premium fuel on a 2.3.)

Even if you don't plan to use your Bronco everyday. I'm sure that you will love your Bronco so much you will drive it everyday.

I will not do the "jeep-wave" when I see you on the street, my friend. But you will see my smile at you. It means that I am just as glad as you that I did not settle for a Wrangler, and I patiently waited for my Bronco.

diorbronco

Raptor
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Only drive to work and back with it and to the gym, grocery store ect. Had it since November and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Mostly driving freeway and I get around 17 with bigger KO2 35 inch tires.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my 2 Dr BL bronco. I drive it to work every day. Rides great. Then again I roll down the windows and take my time you know.
Ford Bronco Daily driving your delivered Bronco? A0F62884-AE18-421A-9CDD-935E3D585560
Ford Bronco Daily driving your delivered Bronco? 4DC6A658-6FAE-4428-9FA9-D26FE7484CA9
Sponsored