First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I will use my Bronco as a daily driver when I receive it in 2024.
Sponsored

JRICH7272

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 door base with 2.7L and 10 speed automatic. Have close to 5,000 miles now. My daily commute is 33 miles both ways and I have loved it so far. Averaging 22 MPG driving like a grandma.

AZBaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4dr 2.7 SaS....about 25 miles round trip with 50/50 split between roads and highway. I don't really follow the speed limit, usually 85-90 on the highway...After 5K miles of mostly daily driving, I get approx 17mpg.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had mine since December 28th. I have about 10,600 miles on it. Averaging about 23.5MPG. Love every day I get to drive it. Been on 3 short road trips with it already plenty of room for people and luggage. Kids absolutely love riding in it.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been daily driving an Expedition for 18 months while waiting for my Bronco.

Bronco will be a much better daily than the Expy:
Smaller, more nimble, more fun to drive.
Stick shift.
Presumably it will also have less broken stuff on it.

Assuming I actually can get 20 mpg that folks are getting then MPG will be marginally better than the 16.5 I've been getting.

Supposed to be at the dealership in 2 more weeks.

Sponsored

dck82

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3,MT, 2 door Base with 32’s. I have about 5000 miles on it since getting it in June. I drive 25 miles each way, mostly hwy and Interstate. I average 22 hand calculated. I’ve never reset the computer and it stays at 23.9 average. I’m pretty easy on it and it rides much better than I expected. It is loud in the cabin, but there is something really soothing when the rain is hitting the top.

Most have my vehicles have been manuals and besides a Mazda I had, it’s one of the best. Backing out in the mornings I don’t even give it gas just let out the clutch and it smoothly goes. Throw it in first just a little gas and your rolling. The clutch is super light. I’m not sure if I’m supposed to but when I’m in traffic 1-6mph I put it in crawler gear and it drives itself.

I usually do the speed limit but I have looked down and have been surprised I was going in the 80’s. It handles on the road better than it probably should. With such a short wheelbase on the two door the back end can get a little squarely if you take a corner too fast and hit a bump.

Really the only cons for me are the noise and the factory sound system is just about the worst in any car I’ve ever had.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I had to say anything bothered me, it would be the seats over time. We drive to the beaches around NC. After 90 minutes, I can get uncomfortable. Could be age though.
Seat comfort is definitely a YMMV topic.

I just returned from a 2000 mile roadtrip and drove 9 hours straight both outbound and on the return. I had no issues with seat comfort at all.

I am 6’1” and 200lbs and my seats are the MGV.

now wind noise, that is a different topic 🤣

I daily drive my BL but I also work from home so don’t put many miles on mine. Excluding my recent trip, my Bronco is 5 months old with only 2000 miles, so 400 miles a month. I am getting around 17 mpg combined and was filling up 2x a month with regular unleaded for around $70 per fill up.

Even though I am on the tall side, adding side steps really helped ingress/egress. That was probably the one thing that was really needed by my wife for daily use.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been daily driving an Expedition for 18 months while waiting for my Bronco.

Bronco will be a much better daily than the Expy:
Smaller, more nimble, more fun to drive.
Stick shift.
Presumably it will also have less broken stuff on it.

Assuming I actually can get 20 mpg that folks are getting then MPG will be marginally better than the 16.5 I've been getting.

Supposed to be at the dealership in 2 more weeks.
I have a 4 door Badlands with a stick and I get 17 mpg combined. Just finished a road trip and got a bit under 20 mpg overall with mostly highway miles. Maybe the gearing with the Base you will see better mpg than me.

cb123

Big Bend
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello,
All the lucky folks who have had their bronco for a bit, can you give your experience on what it's like to use your Bronco as a daily driver? What your commute is like and estimated fuel cost weekly. I wasn't going to use mine for a daily but I'm considering it.

Thanks a bunch. 🐎
Hello,
All the lucky folks who have had their bronco for a bit, can you give your experience on what it's like to use your Bronco as a daily driver? What your commute is like and estimated fuel cost weekly. I wasn't going to use mine for a daily but I'm considering it.

Thanks a bunch. 🐎
Had my 2 door big bend 2.3 about a month. Was skeptical about using it as daily driver but pleasantly surprised. The ride is good, relatively quiet with solid ride, no rattles or wind noise. Could be the big bend tires. My mileage so far been little over 23 mpg driving real easy, trying to keep it below 2000 rpm most of the time.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 4 door Badlands with a stick and I get 17 mpg combined. Just finished a road trip and got a bit under 20 mpg overall with mostly highway miles. Maybe the gearing with the Base you will see better mpg than me.
2-door, so probably about 800 lbs lighter than a 4-door badlands. 4.46 vs 4.7 rear end is probably worth about 4% better mileage at freeway speeds IF one can stay out of boost.

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! My other vehicle is a 3/4 ton truck that averages 14.5 MPG around town and isn‘t nearly as fun to drive or as cool but is way better at towing and hauling stuff. That said if I have a long road trip in excess of 500 miles I take the truck since the big diesel gets close to 20 MPG on the freeways, is more comfortable and can carry lot more crap.

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2-door, so probably about 800 lbs lighter than a 4-door badlands. 4.46 vs 4.7 rear end is probably worth about 4% better mileage at freeway speeds IF one can stay out of boost.
yup. Makes sense on both points.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My commute is only about 8 miles round trip, all city. The Bronco has been getting between 15-18 doing that, depending on what tires are on it and the season.

If you stay with 33s or smaller I think 20mpg is easily attainable in mixed driving with your build.

Tito

Base
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969, 1971, 1966, 1973, 2022 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Daily 2dr 2.7 Squatch 2" lift 38s
12 miles round trip, all suburban lights, 14mpg driven moderate pedal light to light. 87 octane
One of my favorite parts of the day. Sold gladiator when my bronco finally came in, drives so much better and twice the power, same economy.

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BB, 2.3L, MT, 2-door, MIC top. Average about 22.8 mpg - I drive it about 20 miles daily, more on day drives. Love the manual, am glad I chose it - makes every trip (not matter how short) super fun! And the sync4 works great with my cell phone. Also the tight turn radius really helps. The only bothersome thing is the wind noise - there are several threads here on how to better seal the front roof panel, I will give it a try.

I also want more room in the back. Am debating removing one rear seat and installing goose gear panels, or building a platform that I can place over the folded rear seats (platform would extend all the way to the tail gate). Carpentry isn't my thing but it would be much cheaper than gg.
Sponsored