Sponsored

Tire / Cabin Noise NVH & Daily Drivability with the Sasquatch Package?

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Goodyear is a 'max traction' tire not a mud terrain tire.
More people need to see that Goodyear video about the Max Traction tire and it would help if Ford would quit calling it a Mud Terrain in the B&P ?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that tire going to be on the Sasquatch package? Sorry for possibly obvious questions.
Yes it is but they have the wrong name on B&P.

Ford Bronco Tire / Cabin Noise NVH & Daily Drivability with the Sasquatch Package? IMG_3504

Reactions: JAX

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those hybrid ATs get pour when they wear down too.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More people need to see that Goodyear video about the Max Traction tire and it would help if Ford would quit calling it a Mud Terrain in the B&P ?
Ford is calling what the entire industry calls the class of tire...Goodyear decided to market ALL of their M/Ts as Max Traction to broaden appeal...they didn’t create a new class with this tire. Ford just calls them what everyone else calls an M/T.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously? They made glass packs for vegas? Sounds like getting a high rise manifold for say, a pinto. :)
I ate Pintos for Breakfast LOL and my Vega had a 2 barrel carb ?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seriously? They made glass packs for vegas? Sounds like getting a high rise manifold for say, a pinto. :)

Before I got my '71 Mach 1, I had a '79 chevy truck with straight six, three on the tree, headers, and glass packs. Had the mullet to go with it.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before I got my '71 Mach 1, I had a '79 chevy truck with straight six, three on the tree, headers, and glass packs. Had the mullet to go with it.
One thing we never had in San Diego was Mullets ?, Dads 70 F-100 had 3 on the tree though ?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. A lot more noise.
Interesting. That could explain the situation with my friend's Jeep JKU. Got in it the other day, and asked him why the tires were making so much rumbling noise, like he was driving on the road shoulder, hitting the warning serrations in the concrete. Not that bad, but you get the idea. He said there was a problem with the tires. But the tires are all making the same noise and are around 4 or 5 years old at this point. Maybe it's the wear situation that you mention.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting. That could explain the situation with my friend's Jeep JKU. Got in it the other day, and asked him why the tires were making so much rumbling noise, like he was driving on the road shoulder, hitting the warning serrations in the concrete. Not that bad, but you get the idea. He said there was a problem with the tires. But the tires are all making the same noise and are around 4 or 5 years old at this point. Maybe it's the wear situation that you mention.
In my experience big lugged off road tires will last 25k miles before they start to get very loud. Perhaps a bit longer if you keep them rotated.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would think it will depend a lot on the tread pattern of the tires. From the size of the tires on the Squatch package you will get some road noise, but then again we don't know the amount of sound deafening will come standard in the Bronco. I'm guessing Ford isn't offering an additional sound deafening package option because the bronco's are going to be silent as the grave.

FYI, I have a '19 Jeep Wrangler JL 4 door with stock 32" Bridgestone dueler tires. It is surprisingly a quiet ride in the cabin. However I did add sound deafening panels to the hard top, and those do help.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One thing we never had in San Diego was Mullets ?, Dads 70 F-100 had 3 on the tree though ?
I moved to Sandy Eggo in the early 90's, and I can assure you that there were absolutely mullets there.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ate Pintos for Breakfast LOL and my Vega had a 2 barrel carb ?
I thought the vega gt was actually kinda cool and then the Cosworth model too. In about 1969 my dad bought a Cortina, which is what ford imported from the UK until it was replaced by the pinto roll out. The model I really wanted my dad to get was the cortina lotus. But no such luck.
Sponsored