nelsk

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recall seeing one of the packages having "improved NVH", but browsing the compare PDF I'm not seeing it in the description.
"improved"
I'm in for a Bronco for probably light off-roading, but also do some highway driving with the family and am interested in optimizing that experience. I'm currently leaning towards a black diamond because I love the idea of a washable interior, and don't want to spend the money on a badlands when I'll almost never use the offroad equipment in it. I'm not really a fan of the OBX exterior look, and the interior afaict is not washable in the same way as the black diamond. I also dig the steelies :)

So I'm thinking Black Diamond based on all that, but I really think I'd benefit from improved NVH if that's an option. I'm hoping it's possible on this trim, any thoughts?
Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If NVH is high on your list of primary concerns, buying a vehicle that the doors and entire roof are made to be removed is probably not your best course. Also see: All terrain or mud terrain tires, vertical windshield, etc.

Go drive a Jeep Sahara. I'd bet the noise levels are close. I expect the Bronco to be better, but not by a large margin.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think sound deadening is an option for the hardtop but that's the only thing I've seen. Agree that if nvh is a concern for you then the Sport might be a better option.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may have seen it under the hard top optional sound deadening.

I owned a JK soft top and a Mustang Convertible so I have references for road and wind noise. The Ford top was much better. I'm hoping, for the 4-door crowd, that the soft top is as good as my Mustang's was at blocking noise. Of course, noisy tires will affect your experience.

Edit: I also owned a Mustang coupe, same gen, and the soft top was damn close as far as preventing noise in regular driving scenarios.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably referring to sound deafening optional add-ons.
Sponsored