Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree with the above sentiment. My test ride yesterday though was "very special". :devilish: :alien:

Sponsored

JTK37

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is my biggest concern to. Having never owned or daily driven an off road oriented "truck", with 40mi of my round trip commute on highways is it worth it?

The Ranger has a longer wheelbase than the 4Dr Bronco, but is that a good approximation for the ride quality and handling?

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anybody know how the bronco feels and handles at highway speeds
Thanks
With an Independent front suspension the Bronco will handle far better than Wrangler's solid front axel. And I drove my 2016 Rubicon with a 3 inch lift on 35s on I-95 at high speeds without fear.

Firefly

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ford F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are a number of videos showing the 2 door racing through the desert at or near highway speeds. A Baja driver said it was the best riding stock vehicle he had ever driven in the desert. I'm sure it will be just fine on the highway.
But if your reservation is before July 17th, no, it will be terrible. Buy something else. ?

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is my biggest concern to. Having never owned or daily driven an off road oriented "truck", with 40mi of my round trip commute on highways is it worth it?

The Ranger has a longer wheelbase than the 4Dr Bronco, but is that a good approximation for the ride quality and handling?
I daily drive my 2013 JKU. Always feels fine to me. I don't think it is as smooth as my wife's Lexus of course, but I rather like that if feels a bit rough. Then again I am old, so modern cars are so much nicer than what I grew up having.

OP
OP

Inmtns

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a lifted tacoma and wife has a 4runner. I don’t like the feel of the 4runner on the hwy but she likes it. The 4runner is ready to be replaced and the wife has her eye on the bronco. I guess if the wife wants a badda$$ 4x4 im not going to argue and tell her to get a minivan?. The biggest concern I have is safety.
I think Ill go with the badlands 4dr because i like the tire size.
Anyway Im just freaking out because we have an appointment with our dealer on Sat to build it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With an Independent front suspension the Bronco will handle far better than Wrangler's solid front axel. And I drove my 2016 Rubicon with a 3 inch lift on 35s on I-95 at high speeds without fear.
You, sir, are an outlier.

No sane person drives on I-95 without fear. :LOL:

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anybody know how the bronco feels and handles at highway speeds
Thanks
Considering that no one can test drive one, not even auto reviewers yet, the answer from this group is NO. Only Ford personnel have been able to drive one.

Go test drive a jeep. If you are comfortable with that feel, the Bronco should be better.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Find a FJ Cruiser to test drive. The highway manners are ok unless you are in heavy winds. Having the aerodynamics of a dumpster does not help.
Sponsored