Viability towing vehicle?

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning, Mach 1, Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You guys think these things will be able to tow a car? On like say an open trailer? Looking to pull my Mach 1 to and from the track.
Sponsored

Wayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Acura TL
You guys think these things will be able to tow a car? On like say an open trailer? Looking to pull my Mach 1 to and from the track.
It probably largely depends on whether they offer a 2 door or 4 door Bronco. I'd think they will shoot to be on par with the Jeeps. The current Wrangler is rated at only 2000lbs for the 2DR and 3500lbs for the Unlimited. I've heard it's severely underrated tho so the 4 door should have no problem towing a Mach 1. The next Wrangler will probably have even better towing so hopefully Ford aims higher.

OP
OP

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It would be nice to be able to tow. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If they build it like the original - light weight with a short wheelbase and lots of ground clearance, it won't be very good as a tow vehicle. It could have plenty enough power to do it, but a heavier vehicle with a longer wheel base would be much better for stability, braking, etc.. People use vehicles for things they aren't optimized for all the time, however. I would assume you could get by if you were willing to live with some drive-ability issues.

OP
OP

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I might be. I can't see myself going to the local track more than a few times a year. No long distance hauling.

Sponsored

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its going to be based on the Everest, which is rated to tow up to 6600 pounds. As long as Ford doesn't underrate it to differentiate it from other SUV's and trucks.

Rozinante

Threads
Reaction score
If they build it like the original - light weight with a short wheelbase and lots of ground clearance, it won't be very good as a tow vehicle. It could have plenty enough power to do it, but a heavier vehicle with a longer wheel base would be much better for stability, braking, etc.. People use vehicles for things they aren't optimized for all the time, however. I would assume you could get by if you were willing to live with some drive-ability issues.
All true. The guy who sold his '66 U15 Early Bronco to me did so because it was pretty unsuitable as a tow vehicle for his boat, especially in crosswinds...

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it's like the JKU they will offer a tow package. The JKU has lower gearing stiffer springs and I believe upgraded tranny cooler in the package. The one we have has this option.
Sponsored