Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't forget your safety glasses!

I didn't have a lift when I did my SFR rock rails and man it took a few days manhandling and contorting myself. Did get them on, but it was a bitch and a lift would've been nice.

I've only watched the beginning of the video so far; are you drilling out for the extra attachment points?

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't forget your safety glasses!

I didn't have a lift when I did my SFR rock rails and man it took a few days manhandling and contorting myself. Did get them on, but it was a bitch and a lift would've been nice.

I've only watched the beginning of the video so far; are you drilling out for the extra attachment points?
safety glasses are a solid recommendation… I don’t know how I didn’t get debris in my eyes dropping the old ones.

as far as the extra holes… I haven’t yet… but only because I’m trying to figure out a sandwich plate to reinforce the back of the pinchweld with.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

safety glasses are a solid recommendation… I don’t know how I didn’t get debris in my eyes dropping the old ones.

as far as the extra holes… I haven’t yet… but only because I’m trying to figure out a sandwich plate to reinforce the back of the pinchweld with.
I dropped a bolt putting on some new plates and it literally hit about a quarter inch under my right eye; left a mark. I got up and got those glasses... Getting the dirt and rocks in your eyes is definitely not fun.

I had tried to work the sales to get the NVM sliders, but literally missed the one sale they had. Which is funny, since they've been having a sale for six months now.

I would have probably put the extra holes in, if I did get them. I was interested because they're supposed to be so good, so not doing it seemed to miss the point a little.

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dropped a bolt putting on some new plates and it literally hit about a quarter inch under my right eye; left a mark. I got up and got those glasses... Getting the dirt and rocks in your eyes is definitely not fun.

I had tried to work the sales to get the NVM sliders, but literally missed the one sale they had. Which is funny, since they've been having a sale for six months now.

I would have probably put the extra holes in, if I did get them. I was interested because they're supposed to be so good, so not doing it seemed to miss the point a little.
so, part of my decision to not (yet) was when the FabFour sliders were installed, two factory bolts from the front fender to pinch weld were removed (and misplaced by me), so I wanna get a plate that runs from the front fender bolting place to the back, and sandwich the pinchweld, and once I have that plate, I can drill the extra holes.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hit me up if you’re interested in a couple tips I learned during the install that will make the things go smoother.
I’ll shoot you a message for sure! I gotta pick up the steel braces from powdercoat

PEGB

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Badlands Sasquatch Hardtop 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just finished putting on their UHMW skid plates. Without a lift. Yeah, that was a whole thing.

IMG_1754.jpeg
How did it go? My install was a shit show. So much extra work to get everything lined up, missing brackets (which they quickly replaced…sorta), and that rear transfer case bend was off slightly so it made life miserable. Ended up having to elongate the rear holes. Now that it’s installed it looks great, but I dread when I have to remove it for any maintenance.

OP
OP
EvanPeterson

EvanPeterson

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did it go? My install was a shit show. So much extra work to get everything lined up, missing brackets (which they quickly replaced…sorta), and that rear transfer case bend was off slightly so it made life miserable. Ended up having to elongate the rear holes. Now that it’s installed it looks great, but I dread when I have to remove it for any maintenance.
uhhh yeah, I dread that too. I’m gonna change my front diff fluid and t-case fluid before they go on… 🫣

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really it went pretty smooth. I didn’t have all the factory bolts they assumed I had and they were willing to overnight them for me, but I had some bolts that worked and I’m getting theirs in Moab tomorrow. Besides that the swaybar brackets kicked my ass but that was more my fault. Put them in and didn’t put their bracket in as I didn’t know what they were until calling about the bolts. Tyler said they’re technically not needed as it still transfers force up to the frame to prevent bending the plate, but if you’re going to be hard on them the brackets should be used. It was pretty painless even with the skid installed until catching a false thread on the rear bolt of the swaybar. That cost me a bunch of time and swearword donations.

Overall I was really impressed by how it came together.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
uhhh yeah, I dread that too. I’m gonna change my front diff fluid and t-case fluid before they go on… 🫣
I was hoping the 3.0 steering rack would show up so we could install the 32 spline FDU and rack before bolting these up. No dice.
Sponsored