First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recently installed the above brand new winch on the Rough Country mount. Winch is dead. After a bit of time with a multi meter, I have power at the winch, and at the end of the cord which plugs into the remote. The white indicator light, indicating wired operation, on remote will not come on at all and winch won’t work. When I disconnect the cord, then press and hold the start button for a few seconds, the blue (green?) light comes on. Yet when I press an in/out button the light flashes with no effect at winch. Have searched high and low for an answer w/o success.

Am I missing something or is remote defective? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Contented

FA2F91B7-814F-48E9-AB6D-06BE1EF5326A.jpeg

154D3873-CFD0-4C6A-8876-3A12353D33CD.jpeg
Sponsored

865Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB Badsquatch, Land Rover LR3, Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m looking at this same winch and have the same mount sitting in the garage. Did you ever get your winch issue resolved? Looks like a nice set up, I’ve been debating on what to do for camera relocation but yours looks nice with the JCR relocation bracket.

OP
OP
contented

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m looking at this same winch and have the same mount sitting in the garage. Did you ever get your winch issue resolved? Looks like a nice set up, I’ve been debating on what to do for camera relocation but yours looks nice with the JCR relocation bracket.
I did. Called Warn and talked to a very knowledgeable tech. He said it sounded like a grounding issue. Sure enough it was. I had grounded the winch to the negative battery terminal. When I grounded it to the fender where the battery grounds to it worked like a charm.

The 12s winch gave me fits mounting to the Rough Country plate. It's much larger in diameter than the one Rough Country used. Look closely at the pic below and you’ll see that I ended up cutting loose and straightening the area which holds the sensors. Even with that I had to notch both caps which hold relocated senors in place get the winch to fit. I look at this as a temporary measure until aftermarket bumper selections and price stabilize. The other issue I ran into was the factory sensor wiring harness was not long enough to stick through the bumper as per Rough Country instructions. All told, I stayed patient, completed the install and am happy with it. But as I said, at some point a new bumper will replace it.

One more thing, even though JCR say one doesn’t need to recalibrate the camera after relocation, don’t believe it if you want 100% functionality. It works fine looking ahead, but if you use it for precisely parallel parking or backing into tight spaces it has parallax issues. Not a deal breaker, but I hope the dealer can recalibrate.

Ford Bronco Warn VR EVO 12S Remote not functioning ED996FD6-9CF4-4403-9094-E91446EC7DE7

Ford Bronco Warn VR EVO 12S Remote not functioning 659EA1FA-D323-4E8C-815E-8F6B667C6763

Last edited:

865Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for your insight.. I may well return the RC and pony up for a bumper🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
contented

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your insight.. I may well return the RC and pony up for a bumper🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m new to this stuff. There’s a learning curve for sure. Winches have a standard bolt pattern for mounting, but everything else can vary. Whatever bumper you buy, make certain it will accommodate your winch first. Even Warn’s front bumper will not accept their VR EVO 12S. Go figure. If you’re in no rush, the bumper route is probably the best bet.

Best wishes. Contented

865Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah.. I’ve got three or four bumpers on my short list

ADD Rock Fighter
JCR Vanguard
4WP
I’ve had a cheap winch in the past and used it a ton and never had a problem., can’t even remember the brand
I had a FJ with a nice ARB winch bumper with a fancy Warn winch and never used it once (but it sure looked nice up there🤣)
RC mount is likely Going back, but maybe just go ahead with the winch and that way I can stew on a bumper for awhile
Sponsored