Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello everyone:

So I'm killing time while waiting for our Bronco and am doing research on winches for the Wildtrak. I saw Ford Performance's and Warn's winch, but the $3,500 seems a bit high to me. I went to Warns website and went through the different winches they had. Would the VR Eve 8 Winch be compatible with our Bronco? It has a 8k pound max limit so that is more than enough for me. The price seems nice too. I would like to point out I won't be off-roading hard enough to need a winch but I like the look of it.

Thanks!

https://www.warn.com/vr-evo-8-103250

Edit: Nevermind, just saw that I can't use adaptive cruise control
Sponsored

Last edited:

FarmBoy88

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F250, 1988 F350, 1978 F250, 2011 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i went with the the warn evo 10. looks to be the exact same physical size. very heavy... about 100lbs. the remote can be plugged in or work wireless and spools in fast enough. Seems beefier than my smittybuilt i had on my Tundra.

8 vs 10 vs 12 may depend on your application... if you are often in deep mud or sand you may want something a little oversized. you can always double your pulling power with some Egyptian techniques including a pulley.

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i went with the the warn evo 10. looks to be the exact same physical size. very heavy... about 100lbs. the remote can be plugged in or work wireless and spools in fast enough. Seems beefier than my smittybuilt i had on my Tundra.

8 vs 10 vs 12 may depend on your application... if you are often in deep mud or sand you may want something a little oversized. you can always double your pulling power with some Egyptian techniques including a pulley.
Thanks for the reply but I just saw I can't use the adaptive cruise control.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone:

So I'm killing time while waiting for our Bronco and am doing research on winches for the Wildtrak. I saw Ford Performance's and Warn's winch, but the $3,500 seems a bit high to me. I went to Warns website and went through the different winches they had. Would the VR Eve 8 Winch be compatible with our Bronco? It has a 8k pound max limit so that is more than enough for me. The price seems nice too. I would like to point out I won't be off-roading hard enough to need a winch but I like the look of it.

Thanks!

https://www.warn.com/vr-evo-8-103250

Edit: Nevermind, just saw that I can't use adaptive cruise control
If you have the mod bumper, these options have been reported to work with ACC without relocation by forum members.
I've read just a couple posts (very few) that the ACC relocation didn't work 100%, so I will not be relocating.
I bought the RC mount but haven't installed it yet. Waiting on the JCR camera relocation kit to arrive.

JCR
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-WP.html

RC
https://www.roughcountry.com/high-winch-mount-51066c.html

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/rough-country-high-mount-winch-bracket.51956/

Sponsored

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the RC mount but haven't installed it yet. Waiting on the JCR camera relocation kit to arrive.
That's the exact combo that I'm going with as well. Mostly I like that there's no need for an after-market bumper (my BD came with the HD Mod), and that the winch sits way high to stay out of the water when wading (or worse - stuck in a bog).

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the exact combo that I'm going with as well. Mostly I like that there's no need for an after-market bumper (my BD came with the HD Mod), and that the winch sits way high to stay out of the water when wading (or worse - stuck in a bog).
I might have done a hidden winch if I had the 2.3, but I'm wary about cracking open factory pipe fittings in a vehicle I plan to off road with. I avoid water as much as I can, but sometimes you have to wade the deep stuff to continue.
Also why I hate the idea of turbo engine in a 4x4.

Kind of glad I was forced out of the hidden winch option as placement looks to be a hindrance when you actually want to use it and you can't see the lead as you're winding it to ensure proper wrapping.

I think modifying the mod bumper with a winch mount would be better. You could lower the winch and I think that would tuck it even closer to the grill. I also thought about cutting the bottom painted surround trim and grill to tuck the winch a little bit closer, but can't picture it in my head. I don't think I could make it look good on the second try, let alone the first.

And last, I've been following the intercooler replacement thread as they said they were making room for a winch. Maybe they can design a winch bumper with that extra room that doesn't look awful like most of the current offerings.
Sponsored