First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Non-Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I wish I had tried to clock the motor forward too. It wasn't that bad to hook up the terminals before bolting the cradle up, but it would be super easy to hook them up if they faced forward.

I used to have access to a plasma cutter and bender, but right now I just have SolidWorks for CAD. I sent the file to SendCutSend and had them laser cut and bend the bracket for me. It's surprisingly cheap to have them make one off parts, even cheaper if you can do batches.
Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, I wish I had tried to clock the motor forward too. It wasn't that bad to hook up the terminals before bolting the cradle up, but it would be super easy to hook them up if they faced forward.

I used to have access to a plasma cutter and bender, but right now I just have SolidWorks for CAD. I sent the file to SendCutSend and had them laser cut and bend the bracket for me. It's surprisingly cheap to have them make one off parts, even cheaper if you can do batches.
Yeah I still gotta make the wires and I like making them the exact length they need to be so it would be nice to be able to make them with the cradle in place.

I finished the relocation yesterday and goddamn talk about putting 10 lbs of shit into a 5 lb box.

Did you have issue with the solid oil lines hitting the crossmember? I ended up putting some cut hose on them for sanity's sake.

Ford Bronco RC hidden winch mount install, 2.7 w/ "capable" bumper & Warn VR Evo 53711627621_a20c7add8f_4k
Untitled by MJH Creations, on Flickr
Ford Bronco RC hidden winch mount install, 2.7 w/ "capable" bumper & Warn VR Evo 53712061745_7671d49693_4k

Your directions on how much to cut worked perfectly though. Hardest part was renotching the hole on the cooler.

I have all louvers opening fully except the bottom left and right which open partially.

Ford Bronco RC hidden winch mount install, 2.7 w/ "capable" bumper & Warn VR Evo 53711843268_fba66ae0db_4k

OP
OP
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Non-Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! Yeah, I had rubbing there so I ended up just pulling down on the oil lines at the elbow to add some more bend to them. That aluminum is really soft and bends easy, I went slow and made sure it wouldn't kink. It didn't need much bending and now I have piece of mind of nothing rubbing. I'm sure the rubber hose will work fine but bending them a bit won't hurt.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice! Yeah, I had rubbing there so I ended up just pulling down on the oil lines at the elbow to add some more bend to them. That aluminum is really soft and bends easy, I went slow and made sure it wouldn't kink. It didn't need much bending and now I have piece of mind of nothing rubbing. I'm sure the rubber hose will work fine but bending them a bit won't hurt.
Ah good to know I wasn't the only one. I'll see if I can get my hand in there and give them a little bend too. (y) I ended up not listening to some of the instructions and reused some of the oem hardware for mounting the cooler and bracket . I also feel like if I were to do it again I could easily move that bolt/bracket like 2 inches towards the drivers side and have more clearance over there as well.

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice, I decided I can get by without the clutch release for now. I did re-clock the winch so the release lever is on the front of the winch. The thought was that I can drill a hole through the front skidplate and use an extension through that way instead of trying to make something that is under the hood and has to reach all the way down to the winch.
I got it tested out last night and it works great.

53735867097_daf4c92506_4k.jpg
53737129734_ff09f64ca6_4k.jpg
53735867277_b3ad976df5_4k.jpg

The space needed was roughly 7/8" for the 1/2" extension to fit through nicely, but needed 1" for the grommet. Pretty easy to get it to locate in place as well. Def not a straight shot but close enough.

Sponsored

RP80

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 2DR, '22 Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

very nice, thanks. Ill.add that you can put the winch controlls an your Broncos Main screen with a Carlinkit media box. download the warn app to the device, sync Bluetooth to winch remote and whiz-bang you have winch controls on Mainscreen.
Not at all familiar with Carlinkit. Why is this device required to control the winch from the Bronco's screen? Does the Warn app not work with the wireless CarPlay?

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not at all familiar with Carlinkit. Why is this device required to control the winch from the Bronco's screen? Does the Warn app not work with the wireless CarPlay?
pretty sure warn app is NOT available through carplay.

The carlinkit box turns the Bronco screen into a mini laptop. watch whatever you want , surf the web, surf 6G on your mainscreen. see all guages on your favorite tuner, clear codes with tuner from same big screen, deposit the paycheck digitaly w same product (and phone) download apps that wont run or ar not available through stupid carplay.... bronco trail app, ect...the list is never ending ,

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got it tested out last night and it works great.

Ford Bronco RC hidden winch mount install, 2.7 w/ "capable" bumper & Warn VR Evo 53735867277_b3ad976df5_4k
Ford Bronco RC hidden winch mount install, 2.7 w/ "capable" bumper & Warn VR Evo 53735867277_b3ad976df5_4k

The space needed was roughly 7/8" for the 1/2" extension to fit through nicely, but needed 1" for the grommet. Pretty easy to get it to locate in place as well. Def not a straight shot but close enough.
Wow, I think you've won the best hidden winch clutch release award.
Sponsored