Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered twice before and the experience was fine, though he did seem sort of surly the few times I communicated with him. After my recent experience with him though, I feel it necessary to warn others since there are so many other fine vendors out there.

I've been waiting on the Fog pocket kit for a couple of months like others. Because it was taking so long, I needed to update my shipping address. I emailed him to change it but because my email address didnt match (the order email is only a forwarding address to catch spam and is not a real mailbox) - nevermind the fact that we had discussed this order over my real email before- he refused to update the address! I presented an ID that matched the billing address, a screen shot of the original order, and screenshots of us discussing the order previously with my email address, and he still refused to update the address or even cancel the order!

Never seen this before. So now I'll have to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back.

Here's a few other fog pocket options so that you don't need to deal with these guys with the delays and their attitudes:

Baja Designs: https://www.bajadesigns.com/Products/Ford-Bronco-Fog-Pocket-Kits.asp

SRQ Fabrications: https://sdhqoffroad.com/products/21-current-ford-bronco-squadron-pro-fog-light-pocket-kit

Panda: https://www.pandamotorworks.com/col...ford-bronco-fog-pocket-kit-pro-w-upfitter-kit

Camburg: https://camburg.com/shop/accessories/acc-lighting/baja-designs-ford-bronco-2021-fog-light-kits/
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Headaches suck

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can't confirm who you are, but you sound like the person who's been emailing us this morning/afternoon.

You emailed us attempting to change the address on your existing order, asking that it be shipped to a completely different state. However the problem here is the email address you emailed us from, does not match the one used when the order was placed.

Furthermore, upon inspection of the order # you wanted to change, this order already had a completely different name on the SHIP TO from the BILL TO. It was going to yet another state (now a 3rd state).

We explained that because you were trying to change a shipping address on an order by emailing us FROM an email address that was not used to place the order, we could not make the change. We asked you to either email us FROM The email address the order was placed from OR to call us. You refused to do so.

As explained to you via email, we protect our customers privacy and information and just because someone emails us and says "please change my order to ship to this completely different address instead" doesn't mean we're just going to do it. Your email address did not match up at all to the email used.

Just because you sent me over a copy of someones license doesn't mean we're going to change the address to a completely different address and ship to name.

With people getting hacked constantly we don't take the risks that it's not someone trying to steal a package/etc... therefore we requested you call us.

So because we were trying to protect our customers, you make this post?

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
wouldn't verifying credit card number that was used to purchase solved this issue ?

Sponsored

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't confirm who you are, but you sound like the person who's been emailing us this morning/afternoon.

You emailed us attempting to change the address on your existing order, asking that it be shipped to a completely different state. However the problem here is the email address you emailed us from, does not match the one used when the order was placed.

Furthermore, upon inspection of the order # you wanted to change, this order already had a completely different name on the SHIP TO from the BILL TO. It was going to yet another state (now a 3rd state).

We explained that because you were trying to change a shipping address on an order by emailing us FROM an email address that was not used to place the order, we could not make the change. We asked you to either email us FROM The email address the order was placed from OR to call us. You refused to do so.

As explained to you via email, we protect our customers privacy and information and just because someone emails us and says "please change my order to ship to this completely different address instead" doesn't mean we're just going to do it. Your email address did not match up at all to the email used.

Just because you sent me over a copy of someones license doesn't mean we're going to change the address to a completely different address and ship to name.

With people getting hacked constantly we don't take the risks that it's not someone trying to steal a package/etc... therefore we requested you call us.

So because we were trying to protect our customers, you make this post?
I appreciate the efforts to protect the consumer especially when it’sa well known Scam to change the shipping address (not saying this is the intent, but this is the world we live in). It seems that 4x4 offered alternative methods to securely change the order so why trash them when you had a path to resolution?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

wouldn't verifying credit card number that was used to purchase solved this issue ?
We don't store customer CC info. Just another security measure to help combat fraud. Not storing CC info means that customers don't have to worry about their CC info leaking out.

In this particular case the customers bill to didn't even match the ship to address (the ship to was a completely different name/address in another state). And now here this customer was again trying to change it to now a 3rd address.

The customer also checked out as a "GUEST" instead of using their existing account (which had orders on it).

So there were a lot of fraud flags raised

1) This was an "existing" customer with an account, but they chose to check-out as a guest
2) They were shipping the order to a different name/address from their other orders
3) They contacted us after the order was placed and attempted to change it now a 3rd address
4) They emailed us from an address OTHER then the address the order was placed from
5) They refused to call us during business hours to discuss the order

So yes, 5 red flags. It only takes 1-2 normally for us to even cancel an order, but 5 flags in this case... you can bet I stand behind our decision not to change anything and instead cancelled this order.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I don't have to wonder where my fog kit is.... it's only coming here!

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
understand ... no hate here...

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We don't store customer CC info. Just another security measure to help combat fraud. Not storing CC info means that customers don't have to worry about their CC info leaking out.

In this particular case the customers bill to didn't even match the ship to address (the ship to was a completely different name/address in another state). And now here this customer was again trying to change it to now a 3rd address.

The customer also checked out as a "GUEST" instead of using their existing account (which had orders on it).

So there were a lot of fraud flags raised

1) This was an "existing" customer with an account, but they chose to check-out as a guest
2) They were shipping the order to a different name/address from their other orders
3) They contacted us after the order was placed and attempted to change it now a 3rd address
4) They emailed us from an address OTHER then the address the order was placed from
5) They refused to call us during business hours to discuss the order

So yes, 5 red flags. It only takes 1-2 normally for us to even cancel an order, but 5 flags in this case... you can bet I stand behind our decision not to change anything and instead cancelled this order.
Something does not pass the smell test... for sure.... good job....

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I appreciate the efforts to protect the consumer especially when it’sa well known Scam to change the shipping address (not saying this is the intent, but this is the world we live in). It seems that 4x4 offered alternative methods to securely change the order so why trash them when you had a path to resolution?
Thanks. We agree we don't know 100% if this is a scam or legit. But we heir on the side of caution. We see a lot of fraud come across and we're PRETTY GOOD about catching most of it. But sometimes fraud does pass by. We just have a 0 tolerance policy. If something sounds too fishy it's better to cancel the order.

OP
OP
elbroncodor

elbroncodor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tacoma w/ long travel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I asked for him to verify by sending to the original email, he didn't. I sent him a copy of my ID, he ignored it. He told me to call him and I did and no one picked up. He got abusive pretty fast over email even though I was trying work with him. He was not reasonable at all.

Since posting and since this was locked by administrators before I could respond, others have messaged me to share similar stories, so I definitely stand by my warning.
Sponsored