Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need to completely remove the rear passenger side seat to best make use of the cargo space (more easily fit a MTB, etc.). I'm not really interested in the Goose Gear given the price and the fact that I need something that can be washed out repeatedly (I bought the MGV/Vinyl to use it, and I'm constantly loading/unloading sandy gear).

Any comments on continuing to washout the interior after a DIY removal of the passenger seat? I'm looking to make sure the rubber floor/draining continues to work properly. So far, other than some sand collecting under the seat bottoms, it's worked pretty well, and no I'm not just spraying it at high pressure, just light water to get the sand out through the drains.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhhh... You're washing out your interior with a hose?
When Ford says the Bronco has "washout" interior, it's coming from the marketing department.
I don't think I'd want to subject my Badlands to that amount of water in the interior.

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhhh... You're washing out your interior with a hose?
When Ford says the Bronco has "washout" interior, it's coming from the marketing department.
I don't think I'd want to subject my Badlands to that amount of water in the interior.
What are you talking about? I'm not just spraying the entire interior down..it's basically where sand collects in the cargo area and the floors. It has drain plugs for a reason. If rinsing the floors down is not what it was made for, then what is it for?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you talking about? I'm not just spraying the entire interior down..it's basically where sand collects in the cargo area and the floors. It has drain plugs for a reason. If rinsing the floors down is not what it was made for, then what is it for?
Yeah, you're right... Just be careful..
For example, there are large cable trunks running along both sides of the footwell, and the rubberized floor doesn't protect them that well... Same with various slots and cutouts everywhere. I'd hate to have water pooling on metal seams where it can't get out or dry easily.

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, you're right... Just be careful..
For example, there are large cable trunks running along both sides of the footwell, and the rubberized floor doesn't protect them that well... Same with various slots and cutouts everywhere. I'd hate to have water pooling on metal seams where it can't get out or dry easily.
Yeah, I've checked a bit underneath to make sure water isn't getting under the rubber......there in lies my concern with removing the flooring to put down Goose Gear or something comparable.

OP
OP

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update to this, I've ran without the rear passenger seat for awhile now, and I"m probably about to take out the other rear seat. Here's my question - what is everyone doing to cover the exposed flooring area where the seats were with the rest of the washout flooring. I'm thinking of getting some gym mat and just filling that area in so sand/water doesn't get trapped in there.
Sponsored