Sponsored

Water in Mishimoto oil separator question.

TC1

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach E, 2021 Escape, 2014 RX 450
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok guys, my oil can separators were installed at 34miles on my rig. First oil change at 1k they were basically wet inside cleaned with a quick wipe. 5 and 10k maybe 2 oz of oil on the passenger side wet on drivers side. 17k today and half full on passenger side and drivers side was full with half being water? The water is my issue. Now we did take a 3k trip to Moab and western CO with 8-10 drives in this period. So Iā€™m just asking is this a normal issue with the water. Never had any water in my 3.5 F150 with a very close set up and it was driven a ton over the road.

I also checked my coolant and it is low. Will be contacting the dealer about this issue.

IMG_7895.jpeg
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Short trips will increase moisture.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Science works. Your engine heats up there is moisture in the cool air. The catch can is full of cool air. It then warms up to what ever temp. You shut off your engine it all cools down and the moisture drops back out of the air into the catch can.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most likely condensation.

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok guys, my oil can separators were installed at 34miles on my rig. First oil change at 1k they were basically wet inside cleaned with a quick wipe. 5 and 10k maybe 2 oz of oil on the passenger side wet on drivers side. 17k today and half full on passenger side and drivers side was full with half being water? The water is my issue. Now we did take a 3k trip to Moab and western CO with 8-10 drives in this period. So Iā€™m just asking is this a normal issue with the water. Never had any water in my 3.5 F150 with a very close set up and it was driven a ton over the road.
Hey @TC1 - sounds normal. Like everyone else mentioned, ambient conditions, elevation, drive duration, etc. can all affect catch can collection.

- John

Reactions: TC1
OP
OP
TC1

TC1

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach E, 2021 Escape, 2014 RX 450
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
thanks for all the input. I was thinking it was normal just never had it half full of water/more water than oil.

I'll be honest in the last couple of months it been sitting more than driven. SInce my wifes Breast cancer surgery I've been driving her Mach E as its much better on gas LOL. I had my daughter come and grab it last week to drive it.
Sponsored