Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch Package , BMW X5 M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This past weekend I installed a new winch capable bumper, winch and lights. Project took about 8 hours, spending more time on electronics (I have LUX package), but it came out great. Need to test it on the trail.

These are the items I installed:
  1. HAVOC OFFROAD STEEL BENDER FRONT WINCH BUMPER - Note: Havoc, if you are reading this, your product is great, the instructions are not....take time to post an install video.
  2. HAVOC OFFROAD 20" SINGLE ROW LIGHT BAR WITH DRL. I am able to switch from clear to yellow with the same aux switch. Excellent functionality
  3. DV8 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO | FRONT CAMERA RELOCATION BRACKET - the kit comes with all items needed, with plenty of length on the hose and cable.
  4. Badland Apex 12k Winch - Cant beat the price....
Shoot me a message if you have an specific install question.
Ford Bronco Weekend Project : New Havoc Bumper, Badland Apex winch, lights etc.. Broncowinch2
Ford Bronco Weekend Project : New Havoc Bumper, Badland Apex winch, lights etc.. Broncowinch3
question.

Ford Bronco Weekend Project : New Havoc Bumper, Badland Apex winch, lights etc.. Broncowinch1
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This past weekend I installed a new winch capable bumper, winch and lights. Project took about 8 hours, spending more time on electronics (I have LUX package), but it came out great. Need to test it on the trail.

1. HAVOC OFFROAD STEEL BENDER FRONT WINCH BUMPER - Note: Havoc, if you are reading this, your product is great, the instructions are not....take time to post an install video.
  2. HAVOC OFFROAD 20" SINGLE ROW LIGHT BAR WITH DRL. I am able to switch from clear to yellow with the same aux switch. Excellent functionality
  3. DV8 2021-2023 FORD BRONCO | FRONT CAMERA RELOCATION BRACKET - the kit comes with all items needed, with plenty of length on the hose and cable.
Ford Bronco Weekend Project : New Havoc Bumper, Badland Apex winch, lights etc.. Broncowinch1
question.

looks awesome just the type I’m looking for and will keep this in mind.

Bronco Buster Wayne

Outer Banks
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

question.

Looks fantastic!

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Came out well. Looks good.

Eastmort

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Omdiaz01 Excellent job and a great post Love what you have done! I also have a Lux Badlands, and while I ultimately want a winch, keeping the front camera, sensors and radar were essential considerations. Also important are keeping a good approach angle and of course, how it looks. Nothing I had found yet fulfilled my wish list until now. I think you nailed it!

I also love the integrated light bar and the fact that it toggles between amber and white lights. Wow!

One question. . .How does the front camera function in the relocated position? Specifically, does the 360' overhead view still function as well as the Rock Crawl mode forward view.

OP
OP
Omdiaz01

Omdiaz01

Badlands
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Omdiaz01 Excellent job and a great post Love what you have done! I also have a Lux Badlands, and while I ultimately want a winch, keeping the front camera, sensors and radar were essential considerations. Also important are keeping a good approach angle and of course, how it looks. Nothing I had found yet fulfilled my wish list until now. I think you nailed it!

I also love the integrated light bar and the fact that it toggles between amber and white lights. Wow!

One question. . .How does the front camera function in the relocated position? Specifically, does the 360' overhead view still function as well as the Rock Crawl mode forward view.
@Eastmort : Yes, the camera function in the relocated position maintained the full 360 overhead view. Later today/tomorrow, I will take a picture of screen showing the 360 overhead , 4L view, and will post to this thread.

Eastmort

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Eastmort : Yes, the camera function in the relocated position maintained the full 360 overhead view. Later today/tomorrow, I will take a picture of screen showing the 360 overhead , 4L view, and will post to this thread.
Thank you, much appreciated!

Allenm7

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

question.

Any suspension modification to account for added front end weight ? How does it ride? Sag?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Omdiaz01

Omdiaz01

Badlands
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any suspension modification to account for added front end weight ? How does it ride? Sag?
It rides exactly the same it did before. I did not noticed any sag. The bumper doesn't weight more than the OEM FORD modular bumper I had before and the winch only weighs around 70 lbs.

STONEWALKER

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2020 VW Cross Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

question.

Looking good my friend! I’ve earmarked the Steel Bender non-winch bumper for my build. Can’t wait to get on your level😎

OP
OP
Omdiaz01

Omdiaz01

Badlands
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Eastmort The two pictures below are the normal 360 view and in Rock Crawl (4L) mode with the new DV8 camera relocation setup.
Ford Bronco Weekend Project : New Havoc Bumper, Badland Apex winch, lights etc.. BroncoCamera1
setup

Ford Bronco Weekend Project : New Havoc Bumper, Badland Apex winch, lights etc.. BroncoCamera2

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great job, looks great! Very beefy. Can you relocate that camera anywhere? Right below the bull bar would be ideal I think.

OP
OP
Omdiaz01

Omdiaz01

Badlands
First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Dimitar I was just having that discussion with a friend today ...he is concerned about the camera location , particularly if a recovery requires the line to pull right over the camera. the DV8 kit came with various options to mount. I will try under the bull bar . Thank you
Sponsored