First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor and GMC Canyon AT4X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey folks...just traded my '21 FE for a '23 BRaptor. LOVED the FE and loving BRaptor all that much more.

However.......

Every once in awhile, when I start it up, the 12" infotainment screen remains black for 15-90+ seconds. Then, it lights up as if I just had hit the start button. I can drive it and the digital dash works just fine. But, this gives me the jitters that the magic tech behind the dash is having issues. I admit to being a bit shellshocked from my experience with my new GMC Canyon (detailed on the Canyon/Colorado site).

Wondering if any other Bronco/BRaptor folks have experienced this. For comparison, I put 23000 miles on the FE without even a hint of issues, from anything.

@Ford, if you have ideas, let me know!
Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey folks...just traded my '21 FE for a '23 BRaptor. LOVED the FE and loving BRaptor all that much more.

However.......

Every once in awhile, when I start it up, the 12" infotainment screen remains black for 15-90+ seconds. Then, it lights up as if I just had hit the start button. I can drive it and the digital dash works just fine. But, this gives me the jitters that the magic tech behind the dash is having issues. I admit to being a bit shellshocked from my experience with my new GMC Canyon (detailed on the Canyon/Colorado site).

Wondering if any other Bronco/BRaptor folks have experienced this. For comparison, I put 23000 miles on the FE without even a hint of issues, from anything.

@Ford, if you have ideas, let me know!
Mine has done this a couple of times. I think it’s a software issue.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Only had the Braptor for about 2 months however, I haven’t experienced this at all. Are you on the latest software version?

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

3 weeks with ours. Nada issues like what you have.

beerbar

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would try a factory default reset found in the settings or disconnect the battery for a few minutes and reconnect.

Sponsored

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Call Ford. I have never experienced what you are describing. Might need the software updated.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No raptor, but I do have the 12 screen. You may need an update.

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yesterday, mine got locked up with the Ford Performance logo on the screen for roughly two minutes as I was trying to back out of a parking spot. Driving this vehicle in reverse in the dark sucks.

After a couple minutes, the software rebooted itself and everything was fine. There’s no way to recreate this so it’s a little frustrating.

OP
OP
LagoCJ

LagoCJ

Raptor
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor and GMC Canyon AT4X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yesterday, mine got locked up with the Ford Performance logo on the screen for roughly two minutes as I was trying to back out of a parking spot. Driving this vehicle in reverse in the dark sucks.

After a couple minutes, the software rebooted itself and everything was fine. There’s no way to recreate this so it’s a little frustrating.
It actually seems to happen when I need to back that big fat a** out of a tight parking spot! Terrible that we have become so dependent upon cameras, but if I have them, they need to work! It's still happening every couple of days. I have told the dealership and they are 'researching'. They did say that they have seen the same complaint from new F150s as well.
Sponsored