Sponsored

Weird problem..anyone ever have this gremlin?

BRONCeyeTIS

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang,qx80
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everything has been working flawlessly..no new mods..all of a sudden the driver rear blinker will not shut off.. in fact when I put my blinker on the whole light blinks (including the red portion)..
Anyone have a clue?
Ford Bronco Weird problem..anyone ever have this gremlin? 20240217_165601
Sponsored

OP
OP
BRONCeyeTIS

BRONCeyeTIS

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang,qx80
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those have been there for months with no issues.. I went as far as completely disconnecting them to make sure..I've done all the double checks of things like that.. down to maybe disconnecting the battery to see if that helps.. I'm at a loss.

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Smacking it will only hurt your hand.

The taillights are controlled inside the unit by a solid state PBC board. When the turn signal arm on the steering column clicks off, the micro chip inside the light detects the voltage drop and signals the micro relay to shut off (and the blinker light stops flashing). My guess is the processing chip may be damaged since more than one relay is active. You may just have a defective taillight unit. It's not a fuse or bad wire thing - it would just be dead.

A dealer service tech can quickly confirm that. Presuming you are still under warranty, that would be a covered replacement.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BRONCeyeTIS

BRONCeyeTIS

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang,qx80
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Smacking it will only hurt your hand.

The taillights are controlled inside the unit by a solid state PBC board. When the turn signal arm on the steering column clicks off, the micro chip inside the light detects the voltage drop and signals the micro relay to shut off (and the blinker light stops flashing). My guess is the processing chip may be damaged since more than one relay is active. You may just have a defective taillight unit. It's not a fuse or bad wire thing - it would just be dead.

A dealer service tech can quickly confirm that. Presuming you are still under warranty, that would be a covered replacement.
Thank you I am gonna take it in.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs