First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Toyota Sienna, Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd probably still have taken delivery like OP did, see if I want to enjoy it as-is until I can get the correct one OR just flip it for mucho dinero
exactly, faced with 80% of what you wanted or waiting another several months at the end of the line is the current question.
Sponsored

OP
OP

carfiguy

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wow, that’s a harsh tax regime. Welcome to the world of massive government debt and the old plan of taxing people to death to pay for the stupidity of the people spending our money. Sounds like that won’t work for you/OP.

I was trying to make the best of a crap situation, understanding from the OP’s post that he’s stuck with this particular rig unless he re-orders and goes to the back of the queue. IMO, a Bronco in hand is much better than waiting to get one, but yeah, I too feel his/her pain.
Exactly, you got it. take this and learn to love it or order another and go to the end of the line.

OP
OP

carfiguy

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m really failing to understand how this happened. Not that a dealer messed up, but that nothing has happened to right the ship. If you have proof that your dealer ordered the wrong spec you have recourse with Ford. Don’t take delivery and raise a holy shit storm. Start googling Ford regional sales managers and bother them until this they do something to get you to stop.

I’m pissed on your behalf. If I were you I wouldn’t just accept it. Email Levine, start bothering people until they do something. No shot with how important this launch is Ford wants it getting out that their idiot dealers are screwing their customers this hard by not even ordering the right vehicles.

There are times to follow the process laid out by Ford, but this isn’t one of them IMO.
so long story short for all the people wondering, I could have and should have done better, but I work a lot, have 4 young kids and didn't know any better til it was too late. I put down the $100 reservation on announcement night. i really want one of these. we had one of the previous gen 2 door bronco's when I was young in baby blue with a white top 1978 i think. fast forward months later after a lot of garbage emails and delays, the dealer converted my reservation to an order assuming I had configured it online without ever talking to me in person at all. Then I noticed the ford email and said 7 speed MT. I immediately called the dealership to find they had been "texting" an old home phone number I had on file with them, and when they did not get a response they just converted it. If I had to guess it was because they wanted it with my early reservation either way. I went in several times, called the bronco number 3 times asking how to get it changed, and asked the dealer if I could come in and talk to the rep when he was there and was told no. so basically everything I learned about the ordering system, the different codes and such was all on the forums the last few weeks. the dealer shared very little. Actually the day the thing came off the truck i got a text, late on Saturday saying, your bronco is here, I had them pull it in the service dept. We are closed now but you can come in Monday and see it. I am now making a stink there and they seem to get the hint and are trying to work a deal to trade for one of their mannequins as soon as they can sell it.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Carfiguy, Am glad to hear that you still have an option to refuse to accept the order. Do what's best for _you_

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean you could try to flip it but how flippable is a Big Bend that's stripped down? It's basically a base model isn't it?

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

have not taken ownership yet, they let me drive it a day or two while sales man was off. i really want to love it and it is a heck of a nice riding vehicle, much better than my old 06 LJ Rubicon.
Well, that's good, at least. Both points.

I got to thinking about it, actually, and someone had a good point about teaching your wife to drive it. It really is a great bonding experience if you and your wife enjoy each other's company.

One in the hand is worth two in the bush and you can always trade it in in seven months to get a mannequin or dealer stock.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If it's not what you want do not take delivery.

Get the local Ford rep involved. There are procedures in place for incompetence.
Sponsored