Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Toyota Sienna, Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Well its here, now what to do with it. IMG_4083.JPEG

Well my Big Bend Bronco order arrived today but still not sure what to do with it. The dealer converted my reservation to an order and due to some mis-communication, ordered it without any options meaning it came in with the manual transmission. Even though I tried to get it changed for weeks before it was built, once the VIN was assigned I was out of luck apparently. So now take the manual or let it go and probably my dreams of having a bronco sometime before 2023......
Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMG_4083.JPEG

Well my Big Bend Bronco order arrived today but still not sure what to do with it. The dealer converted my reservation to an order and due to some mis-communication, ordered it without any options meaning it came in with the manual transmission. Even though I tried to get it changed for weeks before it was built, once the VIN was assigned I was out of luck apparently. So now take the manual or let it go and probably my dreams of having a bronco sometime before 2023......
That's horrible about your dealer. Name um and shame um. If it isn't what you wanted I wouldn't keep it. That's a lot of money to keep something you don't like. You can get your money back and then some for sure right now. Or hang onto it and trade it in later on once you see what upgrades come in the next year or two.

In the meantime tell us what you think about it. What you do don't like. Issues. Praises. etc. Would love to know more about the manual and the 2.3. A lot of people interested in that info.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Learn to drive a stick; drive it, until your 2023 comes in; and sell it.

OP
OP

carfiguy

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Learn to drive a stick; drive it, until your 2023 comes in; and sell it.
I can drive stick, just been a lot of years. The wife cannot how-ever if we ever need to trade to pick up the kiddos or somehting (got 4) and my work commute is a lot of stop and go traffic so it just wouldn't be terribly enjoyable, but did it when I was much younger.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dang, some of these dealers are running roughshod with orders not being verified with their customers. Very unfortunate.

Maybe you should take ownership of the manual 2021 and place an order for MY2022 with the options you want with another deal, screw those current dealer. You could explain the issue to the new dealer and they could buy the MY2021 from you.
Otherwise, as soon as the order is put into production, flip it and use the proceeds to buy the MY2022.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can drive stick, just been a lot of years. The wife cannot how-ever if we ever need to trade to pick up the kiddos or somehting (got 4) and my work commute is a lot of stop and go traffic so it just wouldn't be terribly enjoyable, but did it when I was much younger.
Teach her.

OP
OP

carfiguy

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's horrible about your dealer. Name um and shame um. If it isn't what you wanted I wouldn't keep it. That's a lot of money to keep something you don't like. You can get your money back and then some for sure right now. Or hang onto it and trade it in later on once you see what upgrades come in the next year or two.

In the meantime tell us what you think about it. What you do don't like. Issues. Praises. etc. Would love to know more about the manual and the 2.3. A lot of people interested in that info.
Yeah, I don't want to shame the dealer, they have helped me in the past on other things, I think they are just not up to date or equipped for this roll type of roll out. I drove it for a few miles tonight, that pic is in my driveway, and I must say once you are past the weirdness of, clutch, manual, then push button start and electronic parking brake it is rather easy and fun to drive. The 2.3 has plenty of pep, never stalled the engine, and shifts from 1 on are a breeze. been 20+ years since I have driven manual anything beyond a tractor.... I took for a short drive on the interstate with the top back and it was solid feeling and I never made it to 6th gear.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll give you $10,000 and a vintage 2007 FJ Cruiser with only 190,000 hard earned miles on it, right now. ( it's an automatic :cool: )

That's a good looking Bronco, I am sure you could find a buyer for it if you decide to sell it. Good luck. (y)

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was afraid this would happen. Due to all of the options that can be selected on the new Bronco I fully expect to see this happen more often sadly. If mine shows up wrong heads are gonna roll. I’ll be contacting my lawyers lawyer even.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's sucks!! I mean, dreaming about something for months and you get something that wasn't you wanted because a dealer screw it up?

I would sell it for sure and wait a little more but for something that I would love to have and work for it.

I still can't believe they didn't change your order in time. It has to be easy as I have changed mine three time and possibly a fourth time and everytime I did it by messages with my salesman.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm one of those guys who can't imagine buying an automatic on purpose. If I was stuck with an auto on the Bronco I'd buy another Mustang or maybe a Taco.

Sucks that your dealer is this... incompetent.

But, a stick is much better in stop and go traffic than an auto. There is always some idiot you need to get around, and a manual transmission is much better for that. About the only place I don't mind an auto is cruising on the freeway where you are not shifting anyway.

I was actually thinking of ordering that exact build BB with 7MT to have something to drive while waiting however many years it will take Ford to build my 2-Door MT,

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sell it. You'll probably be more upset with it not having your desired features than the hot of being able to drive one now.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Place an order for another one... like you want it. Teach the wife to drive the manual in the meantime, could be a nice bonding experience. If you have another vehicle you can use, go ahead and list it to make a few bucks off of it with the current market.

Lots of ways to turn this into a positive... well, unless you already need a knee replacement like I do, lol.
Sponsored