jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the first car I’ve had that I’ve modified from stock.

I have OEM parts strewn all over my garage now. Bumpers, rails, etc.
I’m a recovering hoarder, so it’s hard to throw away these practically new parts.

Curious what others do. I’m hoping someone really experienced will say ‘you’ll never use them and they just waste space until you throw them away decades later’ to help me make a decision on what to do 😅.
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Depends what you have, really. You can sell some of the take-off parts.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depends on what they are, what your future plans are. If they are something others may want like a Mod bumper and you have no intentions of ever putting it back to stock then sell if you can.

I also have a bunch of crap collected over the years because it was new and didn't want to throw out or thought I may reinstall later. The longer you keep the stuff though, the less it is worth. Then you end up with a bunch of junk cluttering up the garage.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I also have a bunch of crap collected over the years because it was new and didn't want to throw out or thought I may reinstall later. The longer you keep the stuff though, the less it is worth. Then you end up with a bunch of junk cluttering up the garage.

Been there done that over the years with oem fox body parts that werent worth their weight in scrap. Now that stuff has value since people are starting to restore them.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Been there done that over the years with oem fox body parts that werent worth their weight in scrap. Now that stuff has value since people are starting to restore them.
In other words, hang on to that crap for at least 20 years. Then throw it away. 🤪

Sponsored

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My theory is if the wife sees the spare part she knows I spent money on an aftermarket part. So I try to dispose of or hide my spare parts as quickly as possible, lol.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah..just sell them but dont try to make a mint for them, I got my SAS wheels and tires off a guy for 1300$, all he wanted to do is make sure they got used…Others you see for 2k and more..

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My theory is if the wife sees the spare part she knows I spent money on an aftermarket part. So I try to dispose of or hide my spare parts as quickly as possible, lol.
No doubt! Hide the evidence! I sell the take-off stuff except when it comes to suspension.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you plan to keep the Bronco or sell/trade it down the road? For resale aftermarket parts are worth $0 and in some cases may hurt the sale/trade value. I have learned to keep my factory parts. When it comes time to sell, return it back to stock and sell the aftermarket parts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaeggernaut

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
who knows what the future holds but i have no plans on selling my bronco.
i actually don't have that many parts now that I've done a quick audit. it's just other crap: tools, boxes, wires,.. all over the garage that makes it look like i have a lot of bronco hardware. 😅

i don't even necessarily want to make money. just don't want to throw perfectly good things away.

will clean the garage and maybe i'll post a bunch of stuff free if 'buyer' picks up/pays for shipping. 🤷‍♂️

thx for your replies.

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is the first car I’ve had that I’ve modified from stock.

I have OEM parts strewn all over my garage now. Bumpers, rails, etc.
I’m a recovering hoarder, so it’s hard to throw away these practically new parts.

Curious what others do. I’m hoping someone really experienced will say ‘you’ll never use them and they just waste space until you throw them away decades later’ to help me make a decision on what to do 😅.
what bumper do you have on your garage floor? is it the modular one?

mattymatthall

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just tossed all big bend bumpers flares and wheels. To be honest more trouble than worth to try and sell for a few hundred and for me no room to store 5 tires. I did keep my trail sights, tail lights, and 3rd tails though as those are easy store.

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely understand not wanting to throw perfectly good parts away. I've still got my original headlights from my F-150 sitting on the corner of my workbench. I know I should move them, but can't bring myself to do it for those... Everything else from my last three vehicles though I've either sold or given away if it wasn't worth the hassle. Only thing I've taken off my Bronco so far is wheels and tires. Those were sold here, and worth enough I was willing to do the legwork.

Sounds like you're on the right track though. Clean up and see what you've got. I am so overdue to clean my garage.
Sponsored