Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went with a Base model knowing I'd tear it apart over time, plus my payment would be minimal.
So many upgrades will be available after market. I would imagine over time you can create a very cool Bronco. That's my plan. Just a thought.
Sponsored

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can sympathize with your situation and know how you feel. I sold my '88 Bronco in order to help increase my down payment. The timing of all of this couldn't have been worse.

Personally, I am trying to stay positive due to the fact that my '21 order is likely going to be built in '23 or later. I just spoke with my sales rep on 06/09/22 and he stated that the dealer still has a Day 1 reservation/order that has yet to be scheduled for production. That info gives me more time to build a sizable down payment. Then, whenever that day comes and its my turn to get scheduled, I can make any last minute changes if needed.

Let's try to remain optimistic. From those that have taken delivery so far, most have stated that it is worth the wait! Soon to this shall pass. Let our patience be rewarded!

Mtrctylarry

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well with interest rates rising and the cost of everything under the sun going up it's looking less and less likely that I'm getting my Badlands. When I initially ordered almost a year ago now interest rates were low enough that I could afford the month payment on it by putting ~$10,000 down. By December of this year I'd have that money. Don't really see myself getting a 2022 model and actually counted on that last year when I placed the order for the above reason.

Well, now, because of the ever rising interest rates in financing I'd need $15,000 down in order to afford the monthly payments without putting my family in a place where we have to penny pinch just to make it through each month so I can have my car. I'm just not willing to put my family through that and frankly I think it'd be irresponsible of me to do that as a father and a husband.

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.

Thanks for reading, maybe some time in the future they'll be easier to obtain and used ones will not be selling for higher than MSRP. See you all in 2030 if I'm lucky.
FUBAR…a lot of that going around these days.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The way things are headed (inflation running >20%/YoY, gas $5 now going to $10?, interest rates going up, etc) best to stay debt free as much as possible, focus on essentials, pay yourself first every month. Sucks I know.

Just some advice from someone who’s now retired but made and lost and made back a few times. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
Technically, if you’re trying to give financial advice, in times of inflation debt is good. Anyone who has money is putting it into assets with debt. Cash or having savings is technically bad as the inflation rate is higher than the interest rates that a bank can give you.

sonofhammer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel ya... Since I placed my order, my family had:

• A loss of one income for six months
  • Grad school expenses
  • An inter-state move to a higher COL area
  • A potential home purchase in a higher COL area
  • Increased expenses for supporting family in Ukraine
And that's without inflation and borrowing rates....

I was going to get a badlands or a black diamond, but now a basesquatch may be the way to go.

Sponsored

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Technically, if you’re trying to give financial advice, in times of inflation debt is good. Anyone who has money is putting it into assets with debt. Cash or having savings is technically bad as the inflation rate is higher than the interest rates that a bank can give you.
Using other peoples money to buy appreciating assets is not the same as going into debt.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Using other peoples money to buy appreciating assets is not the same as going into debt.
But most people don’t understand it worded like that. This thread shows that people will push their finances to the limit just to have a “Cool new toy”.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well with interest rates rising and the cost of everything under the sun going up it's looking less and less likely that I'm getting my Badlands. When I initially ordered almost a year ago now interest rates were low enough that I could afford the month payment on it by putting ~$10,000 down. By December of this year I'd have that money. Don't really see myself getting a 2022 model and actually counted on that last year when I placed the order for the above reason.

Well, now, because of the ever rising interest rates in financing I'd need $15,000 down in order to afford the monthly payments without putting my family in a place where we have to penny pinch just to make it through each month so I can have my car. I'm just not willing to put my family through that and frankly I think it'd be irresponsible of me to do that as a father and a husband.

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.

Thanks for reading, maybe some time in the future they'll be easier to obtain and used ones will not be selling for higher than MSRP. See you all in 2030 if I'm lucky.
Maybe try looking for a reasonable deal on a used Wrangler? Your kid will love making memories exploring off-road with top down, regardless if the vehicle badge says Wrangler or Bronco.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This truly sucks and I have had many challenges in my life financially and still do being I’m a crazy car nut guy to the max. And yes the economic times are becoming more challenging than ever for so many. But dont give up hope yet and watch my video Pray for a Miracle.

Exekious

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you are being prudent. If you really have an itch, you at least have a used Jeep as a suitable alternative until you can get around to getting yourself a Bronco.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Technically", in times of inflation, when the Fed attempts rein it in with the only tool in their box that arguably might have an effect on inflation, debt WILL cost you more. Highly leveraged income producing assets will require higher income to cover increasing debt payments, which in turn will also inflate prices.

Real world example from my industry. Rental properties. As interest rates increase so does our cost of debt. To maintain same rate of return to our investors we have only the alternative of raising rent, which adds to inflation.

Show me a car dealer that has no debt on their buildings and pays cash to the manufacturer while tge vehicles are bring offloaded from convoy. As their bank payments increase, and floor plan interest creeps up it costs MORE for them to keep the lights on. Smaller discounts to customers, lower commissions to sales staff, lower tradein value...or inflate prices.

As debt cost increases on assets with debt their produced income decreases.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Credit Union rate on new car purchase is still 1.99%.
How did I become a member of that CU??? When I bought a car at a Ford dealer years ago, the finance manager opened the account for me with a $25 deposit.... No other credentials were needed. I've joined several CU's over the years to get the best rates on financial products (car loans, HELOCs, CD's, et al)
Shop around for rates.

Bullet42

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RangeRoverSport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Things can possibly work out. First if rates continue to go up car dealers and others may have to offer incentives on financing to continue to sell their cars. Also Credit Unions sometimes have better rates. Trade your order with your dealer for a slightly less expensive model He has coming in that isn’t sold. You can add things later. Good luck.

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell your boss to give you a raise. What they'll gain in production will outweigh the money spent. Or start a YouTube channel. Your passion is fuel for everything but your new Bronco's gas tank.

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve been explaining recession to people at work but from now on I’ll just have them read the OP’s first post to this thread.
Sponsored