First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Bronco for 99.99% of us is a want and not a need. IMHO, a Bronco doesn’t make any sense unless you can very comfortably afford it. But it’s a free country (for now) and people can make their own financial decisions hopefully with sage advice from family and friends.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Bronco for 99.99% of us is a want and not a need. IMHO, a Bronco doesn’t make any sense unless you can very comfortably afford it. But it’s a free country (for now) and people can make their own financial decisions hopefully with sage advice from family and friends.
while it seems to suck it sounds like the OP is better off not getting one if a couple interest points puts them in a tough spot.

Our broncos were/are a want for sure. But in our case they were not that much more $ a month than what we were driving (2020 blazer Premier awd sticker price within $500 of my wife’s bronco)
And my F250. He is doing the right thing for his family by passing for now. Prices will come down some minor issues will get solved. I’m the long run he will probably get a better deal than all us early buyers.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well with interest rates rising and the cost of everything under the sun going up it's looking less and less likely that I'm getting my Badlands. When I initially ordered almost a year ago now interest rates were low enough that I could afford the month payment on it by putting ~$10,000 down. By December of this year I'd have that money. Don't really see myself getting a 2022 model and actually counted on that last year when I placed the order for the above reason.

Well, now, because of the ever rising interest rates in financing I'd need $15,000 down in order to afford the monthly payments without putting my family in a place where we have to penny pinch just to make it through each month so I can have my car. I'm just not willing to put my family through that and frankly I think it'd be irresponsible of me to do that as a father and a husband.

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.

Thanks for reading, maybe some time in the future they'll be easier to obtain and used ones will not be selling for higher than MSRP. See you all in 2030 if I'm lucky.
Glad to see there are still folks with common sense. Can't be 2030...the wolrd will have come to an end by then and we are all dead!! Good Luck!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The OP can't do a Basesquatch, because Ford won't let you order a base 4-door with the manual.

And apparently he wants a 4-door. For... Reasons...

First question I would have is how much price protection does the OP have. Does he have both the MY22 and MY22.5 protection or just the MY22.5 retail protection?

If he can handle the MGV seats, then going down to the Black Diamond trim would save $4k even if he loses MY22&22.5 price protection. Closer to $5k if he does not have the MY22 protection.

I'd absolutely HATE the MGV seats here in Phoenix, but OP is in the Pac Northwest, where it does not get up to 118 in summer.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

A car isn't worth getting yourself upside down for. Keep saving if you can and see how things are when your closer to delivery. Lots of things have changed over the past few years like inflation and interest hikes, everything's gone up but my check so I understand where you're coming from.

Best of luck and if current demand means anything the Bronco will be around for awhile.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco is not a vehicle for someone on a budget. High fuel cost, higher insurance, higher price... If $50 is going to break you need a to rethink your priorities.
A new car period is not a good idea for someone on a budget. That being said, the median new car transaction is over $40k in the past few years, and my Bronco price barely breaks $30.

As someone who has only bought used vehicles for decades, $30k still seems damn pricey though.

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hopefully 2 years from now, the world will have finally moved on from all the craziness and we'll be out of this vehicle shortage that's keeping prices so insanely high. At that point, maybe you can snag a used but nice low-mileage bronco with a bit of post-lot depreciation?

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The additional costs when financing are just one more thing making price protection a joke

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems smart to wait. In all honesty its a vehicle. That money could be spent on a college fund or put away for retirement. There will be used ones out soon

Sponsored

squid1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just making sure, if you only just ordered a year ago, are you sure you even get price protection? Did you have an early reservation?

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like you should not get one in the first place , buy a cheaper vehicle or keep what you got and use money on buying a home or paying on the home and your family . I know you have people saying buy it and sell it for more but you might not even get it for a year or longer and by then there might not be any sucker paying over MSRP for broncos

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Screw the big monthly payments. Put zero down. Keep your down payment in the bank. Buy the Badlands.

Make a couple big-ass monthly payments while you enjoy your Bronco for just a lil bit.

Sell the Badlands. Pocket the profits.

Order a Basesquatch. Have your huge down payment ready and get your low monthly payments... and everything you need minus the sta-bar disco.

Basesquatch is the Bronco cheat code.

Win-win-win.
about the time he gets it they might not be selling for used that much more then new if at all and if he has to pay state tax and fees and interest he might get less ., I know in NV the tax on a 50k vehicle well be about 4500 but I dont know about his state .
Sponsored