Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly! I wanted a Badlands Squatch, but I did my research and the only major difference is the automatic sway bar disconnect! Do you really need 360 cameras? No. is it cool. maybe.
Basesquatch 2dr on order. Badsquatch 2dr/lux/leather/tow in same color became available. Bought it. Lots of tech I don't need... but yep, it's $25k of "cool" I never would have ordered for myself. Unnecessary... but uber-fun.

For a guy coming from a 96 F150 XL with a 300-6, it usually feels like I'm driving someone else's rig... but I don't regret the price... or what I got for the money.

Basesquatch is probably more "me"... but any Bronco is better than not having one... right down to a base stripper 2.3/7MT. The only non- negotiable option is the upfitter switches.
Sponsored

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's kinda my thought. Basically my wife just doesn't like saving as much as we can right now to make it happen. She feels like we're barely making it because of how much I'm pushing towards savings each month and I just don't feel that way. The bronco is also important to me so I'm just avoiding spending money on anything that isn't a necessity anyways. I guess she just feels pressured and that she can't buy anything she wants. Which she's not entirely wrong but I just don't see buying a $300 rug as important. Think that's just a fundamental difference with men and women though lol
Worst case, you resell it and break even or make a little profit. I can almost guarantee, once your wife rides in that bronco, she will be willing to make it work to keep it.
The attention you get, the wind, the music blasting, etc it's just euphoric!

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just remember that he loses price protection the minute he changed trim. There will be big savings, just not as much as our original build sheets.
good call. may be worth it to contact your dealer and do a few price sheets.

DaPierogiKid

Outer Banks
First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree... to a point.

For a vehicle I would have no inclination to modify or take offroad... go for that lease.

For a vehicle you'll buy accessories for... hopefully take down a sketchy trail or two... or be tempted to roll up lots of miles in... not so much.

Everything that decreases the residual value will create heartache and additional costs at the end of the lease... to say nothing of having to say goodbye to it.

My Bronco will be a high-mileage, well-used, thoroughly-enjoyed, modified-to-my-tastes long-termer. Leasing was simply not an option for me. (But a comprehensive extended warranty was!)
Yup, 100% agreed. You can add accessories to lease vehicles...just have to remember your return on that investment.

I meant that it was an option that he could lease now with the ability to buy at the end of lease. You're kind of betting on future rates fluctuating to your advantage.

i did this with my first new truck. Leased it and after a couple years, the rates were better, I had a better paying job and realized I hadn't gotten a lemon. Kept that Ranger for a good time afterwards.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Russ.Gil

Russ.Gil

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Worst case, you resell it and break even or make a little profit. I can almost guarantee, once your wife rides in that bronco, she will be willing to make it work to keep it.
The attention you get, the wind, the music blasting, etc it's just euphoric!
Fingers crossed my friend. Lol

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well with interest rates rising and the cost of everything under the sun going up it's looking less and less likely that I'm getting my Badlands. When I initially ordered almost a year ago now interest rates were low enough that I could afford the month payment on it by putting ~$10,000 down. By December of this year I'd have that money. Don't really see myself getting a 2022 model and actually counted on that last year when I placed the order for the above reason.

Well, now, because of the ever rising interest rates in financing I'd need $15,000 down in order to afford the monthly payments without putting my family in a place where we have to penny pinch just to make it through each month so I can have my car. I'm just not willing to put my family through that and frankly I think it'd be irresponsible of me to do that as a father and a husband.

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.

Thanks for reading, maybe some time in the future they'll be easier to obtain and used ones will not be selling for higher than MSRP. See you all in 2030 if I'm lucky.
Was in a similar situation of choosing the price that I could afford. Badlands offers a LOT of hardware and tech for it's price.

Buuuuuuuut, there are some GREAT alternative models that don't cost $45K. Black Diamond is a terrific value out the door (and also limits to mid-package at most to keep costs low). And lets be honest, you get a LOT of vehicle with a Base Bronco as well.

I hope you find something that works out for you price wise. In the meantime, if they preview your order, absolutely go through with the purchase process and drive it for a month or two then sell it at a profit. Of course, turning a profit if the ADM goes down and taking sales tax into consideration is getting harder. But it can be done!

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I once had an economics instructor who repeated in every lecture, "You ALWAYS have a choice." For instance in this scenario, you have lots of options:
  • Keep saving and waiting, maybe rates will get better.
  • Get the cheapest build possible.
  • Rob a bank.
  • Sell a kidney.
  • Mount some 35's on your current vehicle and call it "Bronco."
  • Get a new wife.
  • Sell that kid across the border.
Sorry, trying to add some comic relief (even if a little dark). :) Keep your chin up and keep grinding...it'll work out!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's kinda my thought. Basically my wife just doesn't like saving as much as we can right now to make it happen. She feels like we're barely making it because of how much I'm pushing towards savings each month and I just don't feel that way. The bronco is also important to me so I'm just avoiding spending money on anything that isn't a necessity anyways. I guess she just feels pressured and that she can't buy anything she wants. Which she's not entirely wrong but I just don't see buying a $300 rug as important. Think that's just a fundamental difference with men and women though lol
big-lebowski-rug.gif

2d769000-94ed-4611-8831-3c6a5c1f9116_text.gif

anigif_enhanced-20078-1396313587-9.gif

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just remember that he loses price protection the minute he changed trim. There will be big savings, just not as much as our original build sheets.
I screwed around too many times adjusting my order, trying to get a build date. Now I’ll be stuck with a Big Bend, base interior. I’m hoping on reorder this fall for 2023, Ford will allow changes to trim or interior packages without penalty since they are the issue, not us. 🤣

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Switch to a BaseSquatch and continue with your Bronco dreams.

Ford Bronco Well, This sucks. anigif_enhanced-20078-1396313587-9
Absolutely 💯. I bought a base-squatch and drove a Wildtrak at Off-Rodeo. There was not even close to $10K worth of difference. I also went everywhere the Badlands went, so that $10K and another $10K down would make it affordable for the OP. As long as he doesn't have a VIN yet it's not too late to change.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Switch to a base and put aftermarket parts on as you get the cash. If you are doing off-roading, a rear locker pretty much does the trick 90% of the time. Maybe add that option.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If I were you OP, I would just forget about a Bronco altogether until you are at a place financially to be able to afford it without really giving it much thought. It sounds like even before the price and interest increase, you were already at the threshold which isn't smart IMO. It sucks to have to do but I had to do a similar thing before I bought my GT350.

I REALLY wanted the 2013 GT500 and though technically I could afford it, it was going to be tight. I put it off, and instead worked on my craft and advancing my career. The next time I showed up in a dealership, I was able to buy the 350 off the showroom floor and not have to worry about it at all. In the end you will be better off for it.

FordHorses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I were you OP, I would just forget about a Bronco altogether until you are at a place financially to be able to afford it without really giving it much thought. It sounds like even before the price and interest increase, you were already at the threshold which isn't smart IMO. It sucks to have to do but I had to do a similar thing before I bought my GT350.

I REALLY wanted the 2013 GT500 and though technically I could afford it, it was going to be tight. I put it off, and instead worked on my craft and advancing my career. The next time I showed up in a dealership, I was able to buy the 350 off the showroom floor and not have to worry about it at all. In the end you will be better off for it.
This is 100% the real answer here.
Sponsored