First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks everyone for your input. I really just needed to get it out to people that were like minded. I just don't think now is the right time for me. Maybe dropping to a Big Bend or Black Diamond so I can retain my Manual is an option, maybe flipping it is, hard to say, what I know for sure is I'm not going to get the build I want and I gotta be ok with that because like so many of you have said, it's just a car and family comes first.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I were you OP, I would just forget about a Bronco altogether until you are at a place financially to be able to afford it without really giving it much thought. It sounds like even before the price and interest increase, you were already at the threshold which isn't smart IMO. It sucks to have to do but I had to do a similar thing before I bought my GT350.

I REALLY wanted the 2013 GT500 and though technically I could afford it, it was going to be tight. I put it off, and instead worked on my craft and advancing my career. The next time I showed up in a dealership, I was able to buy the 350 off the showroom floor and not have to worry about it at all. In the end you will be better off for it.
That's how I bought mine. Bought it 100% in cash using the proceeds from the sale of a set of game-worn '91 Air Jordans.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've been saving $50 a week since 2019, didn't spend a penny of my stimulus checks, sold both motorcycles and the 4runner. Got enough of a DP to keep monthly premium below 500 for 2door sasquatch high package badlands. Just start selling your stuff you don't really need on fb marketplace. You'll get that extra 5k in time
Wait… did you keep at least one motorcycle?

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well with interest rates rising and the cost of everything under the sun going up it's looking less and less likely that I'm getting my Badlands. When I initially ordered almost a year ago now interest rates were low enough that I could afford the month payment on it by putting ~$10,000 down. By December of this year I'd have that money. Don't really see myself getting a 2022 model and actually counted on that last year when I placed the order for the above reason.

Well, now, because of the ever rising interest rates in financing I'd need $15,000 down in order to afford the monthly payments without putting my family in a place where we have to penny pinch just to make it through each month so I can have my car. I'm just not willing to put my family through that and frankly I think it'd be irresponsible of me to do that as a father and a husband.

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.

Thanks for reading, maybe some time in the future they'll be easier to obtain and used ones will not be selling for higher than MSRP. See you all in 2030 if I'm lucky.
I feel you for sure on rates. Also if gas is actually $9 or $10 a gallon I’d not be able to afford to drive it regularly and it will be my daily driver. Wouldn’t make sense unless a PHEV comes

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well with interest rates rising and the cost of everything under the sun going up it's looking less and less likely that I'm getting my Badlands. When I initially ordered almost a year ago now interest rates were low enough that I could afford the month payment on it by putting ~$10,000 down. By December of this year I'd have that money. Don't really see myself getting a 2022 model and actually counted on that last year when I placed the order for the above reason.

Well, now, because of the ever rising interest rates in financing I'd need $15,000 down in order to afford the monthly payments without putting my family in a place where we have to penny pinch just to make it through each month so I can have my car. I'm just not willing to put my family through that and frankly I think it'd be irresponsible of me to do that as a father and a husband.

It seems, unless the bronco takes another 14 months to get here, it's highly unlikely I'll be able to afford the Badlands.

Not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just needed to get the disappointment off my chest and I feel like this is the only place I can do that because most of my friends and family don't understand my obsession and love for this vehicle. I feel like everyone in this forum understands that love and obsession so I feel like you all will understand how much it sucks.

Thanks for reading, maybe some time in the future they'll be easier to obtain and used ones will not be selling for higher than MSRP. See you all in 2030 if I'm lucky.
It looks like it will be a blessing in disguise. Family goes first and gas prices won't help you financially either. Good luck with whatever route you choose.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope... :( I've got nothing right now. Been using the wife's car to get to work.
Oh man I’d keep my street glide, I couldn’t toss that up

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It looks like it will be a blessing in disguise. Family goes first and gas prices won't help you financially either. Good luck with whatever route you choose.
Maybe rates will be down again when the PHEVS or electrics drop

Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's kinda my thought. Basically my wife just doesn't like saving as much as we can right now to make it happen. She feels like we're barely making it because of how much I'm pushing towards savings each month and I just don't feel that way. The bronco is also important to me so I'm just avoiding spending money on anything that isn't a necessity anyways. I guess she just feels pressured and that she can't buy anything she wants. Which she's not entirely wrong but I just don't see buying a $300 rug as important. Think that's just a fundamental difference with men and women though lol
Exactly… i save my money to buy expensive items, not needing the daily shopping fix like my wife.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel you for sure on rates. Also if gas is actually $9 or $10 a gallon I’d not be able to afford to drive it regularly and it will be my daily driver. Wouldn’t make sense unless a PHEV comes
I work in the energy industry and our company is prepared internally for a barrel of oil to go over $200. We do not expect things to correct for quite a while.

Luckily, when I bought my Badlands in December, rates were still good, I had my down payment ready and gas prices were okay. Can’t forget it is a beloved 2021 MY lol If I was picking up my Bronco today from the dealer, I would not buy it. OP is best to move on for now, as much as that sucks.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I work in the energy industry and our company is prepared internally for a barrel of oil to go over $200. We do not expect things to correct for quite a while.
We have also noticed here that our power/electric company just tripled supply rates and doubled delivery starting this month. We shopped for lesser supply rates with aggregation program but also seeing electric costs skyrocket as well.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Your long term investment in your hands. The Bronco is now a luxury item based on its price point. Family first. And if it make you feel better my reservation was July 18th 2020. Two years and waiting.
Sponsored