First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going tomorrow, we’re first timers. Planning to start out cautious. You have any concerns, in that you’d hit a spot it got too deep, about the water crossings? You play in the mud section? You explore any cool areas in the park besides these mentioned? Taking my young kids and hope to get out and hike the river a bit too but don’t know if I should go down further down the road for that.

OP
OP
Featherless

Featherless

Big Bend
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Going tomorrow, we’re first timers. Planning to start out cautious. You have any concerns, in that you’d hit a spot it got too deep, about the water crossings? You play in the mud section? You explore any cool areas in the park besides these mentioned? Taking my young kids and hope to get out and hike the river a bit too but don’t know if I should go down further down the road for that.
Hi! You’re gonna have a great time with the fam but just a couple of things to beware of;

The very first river crossing after entering into the ohv there is a giant boulder dead center of the crossing and it kind of expands towards the right side, try hugging the left side of the crossing to avoid this thing - I watched a trd pro 4Runner high center on this thing and he got stuck NASTY. The left side will be bumpy and a little uncomfortable but take it easy and you’ll cross through easily. When you’re done with the OHV and leaving make sure to hug the same side (the side you wanna be on will now be on your right when exiting)

Second thing to look out for: Second river crossing is getting quite deep, I’d say somewhere beteeen 2 to 2.5 feet deep, it’s going to feel really sketch but keep a good pace around 5-7 mph and you’ll get through with no issue

Also, I avoided the mud pit stuff and mostly stuck to the dirt trails and river crossings as I really had no desire of getting recovered lol.

Best advice I have is if you don’t have a spotter just go with your gut and pay attention to the vehicles doing the things you want to do, if they clearing things with no issue and look like they’re running way smaller tires and don’t have the same ground clearance as you then there’s a great likelihood you’ll have no trouble getting through as well with the same line

EnviroHealth

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was solid advice on crossing the waterways. Saw some folks get stuck but nothing too difficult to tow out, unlike the situation you saw. Was SO much fun. Kids were hesitant at first but already asking to go back. Mudding was awesome.

24Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ford Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
I love that place, I used to go there every weekend in the 1980's. I was fun then because there was no curfew and you could stay overnight and take beer. Too many people got hurt so they started restricting it. I had a 79 Scout and a Nissan pickup back then.

The one picture below with the Helicopter was picking up a girl who broke her neck. She died.

The on with my 92 red Jeep was in Big Bear in the 90's.

Ford Bronco Went out to SGV OHV today 008

Ford Bronco Went out to SGV OHV today 009

Ford Bronco Went out to SGV OHV today Azuza 001

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh yes, the Mud Monkey Circus. I stay clear of there.

Glad you had a good time 🤠
Sponsored