Sponsored

What determined the Bead lock ring color on SAS Bronco's?

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My beauty rings were removed and powder coated within a month. Didn't like the silver at all. I went with a textured material that matches the flares instead of all black. Turned out fantastic.

broncowheel.jpeg

broncowarthog.jpeg
I used Plasti-Dip mettallics sapphire black on mine...

rings.PNG
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So no need to dismount the tire, just unbolt the rings and get them powered coated, correct?
Yeah, just pop the rings off and you're good. Just be careful, the bolts can be stripped fairly easily.

I did plasti dip on mine, whole project took a few hours.

Ford Bronco What determined the Bead lock ring color on SAS Bronco's? 20220929_183307

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My beauty rings were removed and powder coated within a month. Didn't like the silver at all. I went with a textured material that matches the flares instead of all black. Turned out fantastic.

broncowheel.jpeg

broncowarthog.jpeg
Look really good. I went satin black. I would like to powder coat the whole wheel carbonized gray.
Ford Bronco What determined the Bead lock ring color on SAS Bronco's? 5143C364-6C58-4707-AD7B-8ADF29E3A2E0

Brokenparts

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 FJ45, 73 c-10, 79 Blazer, '23 Exp, 2008 F350,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Factory SAS / Badlands 35s

Ford Bronco What determined the Bead lock ring color on SAS Bronco's? 8D5ABAF5-E8DA-485D-8040-B954BEB10F6D

Sponsored

Brokenparts

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 FJ45, 73 c-10, 79 Blazer, '23 Exp, 2008 F350,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco What determined the Bead lock ring color on SAS Bronco's? A46BED9C-34AC-43CE-9485-59140CADD7A7

Texasgrillchef

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Harley Trike, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know about the different colors of Ford Bead lock rings and where or what model or package each color gets used. Talking specifically about the Bead lock rims on the SAS package Bronco's.

I have seen some with Black bead lock ring on a black wheel. I think this is a Wildtrack thing all black. I think ?
I have seen some with a bright machined ring on a black wheel.
I have seen some with carbonized grey ring on black wheel.

I am curious what options triggered which ring and can the rings be ordered separate, and if a I wanted to change the color of the ones that came on my Bronco.

I suppose I could take them off and have them powder coated whatever color I wanted.
I would assume they could be pulled off without causing any issues still driving it till they got color changed.
Possibly a balance issues at the most, I would think.

Ford Bronco What determined the Bead lock ring color on SAS Bronco's? 5AFF3751-CB71-40B8-8073-13FACBB710D4

Ford Bronco What determined the Bead lock ring color on SAS Bronco's? 5AFF3751-CB71-40B8-8073-13FACBB710D4

You don’t have bead lock rings, your have imitation bead lock rings known as Beauty rings. Which are available in various colours, however the best option and least expensive option is to remove them and have them powder coated in whatever colour your heart desires.

The actual TRUE bead lock rings come in the silver, and you need to have them anodized or powder coated in the colour you desire before putting them on.

A True set of bead lock rings will have I believe 14-16 bolts. They also run between $900-$1000 for a set of 5

i had my “Beauty” rings powder coated black. For $125 (set of 5) here in the DFW Texas area.

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In summary; Wildtrack and FE's come with Black beadlock beauty rings on black wheels. Every other model that is SAS equipped comes with Silver beadlock beauty rings. A Non-SAS Badlands could be ordered with the alternate beadlock capable wheel with Carbonized Grey beadlock beauty rings. The Badlands alternate wheel is a 17x8.0" with +55 offset. The SAS wheel is 17x8.5" with +30 offset.
The tires on the badlands alternate wheels in your second picture are the SAS 315/70R17" tires. You cannot order up a Badlands this way, so this was a customers doing.
Incorrect, the Badlands comes stock with the BFG's correct, but you absolutely can order those optional wheels with a 285/70-17 Goodyear MT instead of the BFG's. That is a factory setup in that photo.
Sponsored