Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought "Dealer Allocation" was king. And frankly I don't really understand Dealer Allocation. All my local dealers have allocations in the 120-160 range, and 400-500 orders.
The first thing to appreciate is that there isn’t enough production time in MY21 to build every single ordered Bronco. There’s only enough time to build about 1/3 before we roll into MY22

Allocation exists as a way to divvy up what they can build across the entire dealer network. Basically instead of building the first 1/3 of all reservations, Ford is building the first 1/3 of reservations at each Dealer. Timestamps are king, but you’re ranked against the others at your dealer… not everyone nationally.

Generally speaking, those two groups are going to be very closely aligned (as long as a dealer’s timestamp dispersion is similar to the national one… which it likely will be). Where things start to get funky is if you have some rural dealer with only a small number of reservations that aren’t a big sample size. In this case it’s easier for them to be skewed one way, like a group of only late reservations. Under allocation, that dealer still gets to sell a MY21 and someone from the area still gets a MY21, instead of being penalized since no one was fast on the draw on reveal night in that town.

Now, additionally the way the math works out you can’t just divide across all dealers, so to round off to whole cars, allocation also awards dealers who sell more SUVs, have higher competition (jeep/4Runner) and most importantly, sold more Broncos.

Allocation is a way to divide up one huge problem into 3000 smaller problems. And because of the way numbers and statistics work, the first 1/3 of reservation holders will still be the ones receiving an MY21 irrespective of what dealer they are at…. Since they won’t be penalized for going with a smaller dealer with a smaller reservation count.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which explains why none of my local dealers wanted to convert reservations to orders. Since 2/3rs of the reservations will slip to 2022 (based on timestamp and commodity restraints), they don't want to spend the 5 minutes to re-order a 2022.

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's about keeping the forum a resource and not making it parallel to Facebook or Twitter or twitch.

At some point in time, people will be using this forum to locate actual information. When the bar is set so low that self-education is discouraged, you retard that process and limit the overall value of the forum.

I swear that America is the only nation that's proud to prevent education. A truly interesting phenomenon to observe.
I know it's an old thread, but this quote deserves being refreshed. IMO
Sponsored