Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I donā€™t know the answer one way or another, but have read that the pre-collision system can be camera based, radar based or both supplementing eachother depending on the vehicle.

I want to know if the base bronco has a radar in the ā€œboxā€.

Mostly trying to decide where Iā€™m putting my front plate w/ HD bumper.

Options are:

1. Center bumper mounted, partially blocking intercooler and fully blocking box.

2. Off-center bumper mounted, butted up against the shackle mount, blocking one side of intercooler, and box mostly unblocked.

3. Off-center shackle mounted plate.

4. Bumper mounted outside of either side shackle.

5. OEM on grille.

No. The box is standard because automatic emergency braking is standard. The same radar used for adaptive cruise control is also used for emergency braking. The camera in the windshield by the mirror is for lane keep assist, which is on mid package and above.

OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I'm saying is, where is the documentation with details about the box? While I appreciate some-guy-on-the-internet's-option as the go-to source for all things factual, I would be interested in seeing manufacturers documentation about the box and how it may differ per trim.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So Iā€™ll add this pic to the discussion, which I think came from a bronco sport manual.
Ford Bronco What is the damn box? DEF7EE26-0E7C-4DA0-982D-5447EDC47B66

Maybe just a generic ford diagram, but leaves the possibility that maybe there is not a radar in all trims. I believe all sport trims have pre-collision as well.

If you know facts please let us know, but just because all trims have pre-collision, doesnā€™t have to mean they all have radar.

Here is the current documentation per the Ford website regarding what the boxes function includes. The system uses both a camera mounted up by the mirror and a patch antenna radar system in the lower grille (the box) to provide those features.

6A81DC7A-B86B-4D38-9AE2-1E1B65BE70E3.jpeg

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These people demanding specific Ford sourced answers for a truck that isnā€™t released yet always crack me up. All we can tell you is what the reps told those of us that have seen them. Yā€™all need to calm down.

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s called crowd-sourcing. Think I just got an answer.šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

B6G rocks!

These people demanding specific Ford sourced answers for a truck that isnā€™t released yet always crack me up. All we can tell you is what the reps told those of us that have seen them. Yā€™all need to calm down.

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
On the Raptor, the LUX package comes with adaptive cruise control. So if you have the Lux package then you have the ACC sensor. No lux package means you don't get the sensor.

Maybe the bronco will be the same?

You are correct. Just went to look at one and there is zero tech in there besides the motor like I said to actuate the grille shutters itā€™s just empty but the one with the Lux package has a module mounted behind that plastic cover. Definitively I can say that there isnā€™t a radar unit on models without Lux.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I hope you are right but I wonder what sensors are used for pre-collision system

Ford Bronco What is the damn box? 1620178228536

Sorry if I wasnā€™t clear enough. Yes the non Lux model I looked at had no module but the Lux package one did have the module.

So to be clear, unless you have the Lux package, there will not be a module behind that square plastic in the lower grille.

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco What is the damn box? 1620178506026

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gene Dios

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you have that backwards, bud. People talking out of their asses and providing answers that are complete assumptions is the issue. If there's no manual or source of information out there, it's all good, we wait longer. No one is demanding anything.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5th page and not a single ā€œDeezā€... so disappointing for B6G

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I still haven't seen any confirmation or explanation for the box in the middle of the bumper. Can't find any threads or sources on this anywhere.
Ford Bronco What is the damn box? 1620260739825