First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I apologize for being a dummy, because obviously everyone's talking about their dealer accepting this X-Plan thing and it seems to be the best thing in the world.. Could someone please inform me on what it is exactly?

Thanks
Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I apologize for being a dummy, because obviously everyone's talking about their dealer accepting this X-Plan thing and it seems to be the best thing in the world.. Could someone please inform me on what it is exactly?

Thanks
Not best thing in the world. But better than MSRP.

short version x-plan = dealer invoice - 0.4% + $275 Admin fee.

No haggling, set price

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
X-plan is the forum's way of telling you to use the search function. It's like google, but just for this forum. Googling "Ford x-plan" would also give you the information you seek!

1guzeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, Honda Accord Sport 2.0, Lexus sc430
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just answered my own question ford stockholders are eligible for x plan
The car company behind Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln cars and trucks allows shareholders to participate in X-Plan pricing. This is a pre-negotiated rate on eligible cars and trucks at a price that is lower than sticker prices, and just a little more over dealer invoice. X-Plan members receive a PIN that must be used on a purchase within 30 days. They can only ask for one PIN every 12 months and it must be used by the shareholder or immediate family member.

This perk used to be available immediately to new investors of any size, but Ford updated participation requirements. One must own at least 100 shares for at least 6 months before requesting the X-Plan PIN number.​

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just answered my own question ford stockholders are eligible for x plan
The car company behind Ford, Mercury, and Lincoln cars and trucks allows shareholders to participate in X-Plan pricing. This is a pre-negotiated rate on eligible cars and trucks at a price that is lower than sticker prices, and just a little more over dealer invoice. X-Plan members receive a PIN that must be used on a purchase within 30 days. They can only ask for one PIN every 12 months and it must be used by the shareholder or immediate family member.

This perk used to be available immediately to new investors of any size, but Ford updated participation requirements. One must own at least 100 shares for at least 6 months before requesting the X-Plan PIN number.​
There are other ways to qualify, just use the forum search.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
It sounds to me like getting an average deal automatically. I don't get the hype at all. I've worked for a dealership for four years.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It sounds to me like getting an average deal automatically. I don't get the hype at all. I've worked for a dealership for four years.
Since you work at a dealership, you may not understand that customers do not like playing games and some can't or don't know how to negotiate, for those people it is a great way to cut through the games and ridiculous markups and fees.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is average in general (roughly invoice), and you can usually do much better; but on a vehicle likle Bronco, it will be a good bit better than average as most dealers are trying to hold at MSRP+doc fees.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since you work at a dealership, you may not understand that customers do not like playing games and some can't or don't know how to negotiate, for those people it is a great way to cut through the games and ridiculous markups and fees.
I worked, past tense, and it was in a smaller town and not with Ford. I do not like games either. From your tone I can see that you've had some bad experiences which is unfortunate. I was lucky to have a pretty great experience with my dealership. We had a number of lifelong customers mostly because we didn't mess around or put those dealer adds that were bullshit. I'm glad I got out of sales though for other reasons though.

If someone doesn't want to go in, doing it all via email definitely gets you as good a price and for less effort.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its a mythical, sinister creature that has Chameleon-like qualities. Its a cross between a Venus Flytrap and a Boa Constrictor. It lures you in with its allure and siren song until you are trapped. You cant escape and it then squeezes the life out of you when you realize its not the happy thing you thought it was.

It's in the Scoundrelus Maximus family. Often confused with "Ford marketing".

Last edited:

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are maybe 3-5 dealers that have offered to beat X-Plan. Now that it's gone, I guess we'll see if it was an average deal or a great one. With so many dealers sticking to MSRP only, I suspect few will get close to what the X-Plan deal was aside from those with dealers that have already stepped up (Granger, Stephens, etc).
Sponsored