Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm going to be at the event in a couple of days. Any tips on what to wear in Vegas in May? Off-roadeo suggests pants but I'm afraid it will be a scorcher and hoping I can get by with shorts and a t-shirt.
Sponsored

beardymcstash

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Bronco 4dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just went with my wife to vegas 3 weeks ago. wonderful experience, highly recommend it for anyone that hasn't used their VIN yet. diego and trevor are fantastic.

we made it a week long vacation and did the off-roadeo on friday. overall it was a warm and sunny week, really really nice. i don't recall the temps exactly, but especially on the strip during afternoon it was noticeably hot.

at mt potosi it was cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon. the elevation and wind helps with cooling things down in general.

as far as pants.. personally i don't think it is necessary, but i get when they say it is recommended. it's not like you are hiking through brush or anything (just a small amount when at base camp and when walking up to the overlook). most important thing imo is shoes. bring some solid shoes because you will be walking on uneven surfaces more than anything. especially during the training course stuff in the morning.

i wore some hiking boots and some light-fabric rugged/hiking pants so they breathed well. had a hoodie on hand also, but only ever used it in the morning at base camp.

have fun!

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just make sure that you have a hat. I did the Off-Roadeo in Moab last September and wished that I had mine with me. We spent several hours overall standing out in the sun discussing things, plus lunch.

Wear what works for you when standing around in the sun a lot.

Gratuitous photo from the Moab event. We're standing there watching every Bronco on the group do each obstacle and discussing what went well and what could have gone better. Since I was the first one through most obstacles, there was more to say about how I could have done it better. ;)
T2RVQET.jpg

Slycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in Las Vegas. Went a few weeks ago. Shorts, tshirt, hat and sunscreen. You're set!

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs