Dak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hoping TFL can at least tell us how the soft top sounds at highway speeds and compare it to the Jeep soft top noise!
Sponsored

Reactions: Axe

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As someone that has worked in the automotive PR world, Ford’s handling of this with TFL was petty and shortsighted. Usually a simple phone call to an outlet to express your displeasure is all that is necessary. Let’s them know people were unhappy on your end, scares them a bit, and keeps the relationship intact.

Spy photos and leaks have been a part of the automotive media landscape for decades. They have become so frequent now with the Internet and cell phones that it truly is a losing battle. Mike Levine at Ford has worked on both sides of that fence and knows it well.
Spy photos happen. Sure. I work in an industry that on any given day we have a part or a model that is under an embargo. Often a customer has the "spy" shots or information that is not yet released. We can't confirm or deny what the customer has and can't release more information until the embargo is lifted.

If we do we can lose that account quite easily. There's a consequence.

Just because we, and our customers, have early information does not mean we can post it on our social media or whatever as a "spy" shot and not expect consequences. We still need to protect the embargo.

If Terry on YouTube releases a spy shot, so be it, Ford has very little recourse with him.... If a professional media outlet does then Ford can punish them, like they did. Otherwise no one would respect embargoes.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hoping TFL can at least tell us how the soft top sounds at highway speeds and compare it to the Jeep soft top noise!
This was one of my main question, I’m actually getting ready to head to Santan Ford to test drive a soft top rubicon in 2 hours for comparisons sake!

Dakattack

Badlands
First Name
Dak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was one of my main question, I’m actually getting ready to head to Santan Ford to test drive a soft top rubicon in 2 hours for comparisons sake!
I'm thinking of doing the same here soon. Let us know what you think!

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like TFL's stuff. Some of the reviewers I like more than others, but in general they usually do a good job of pointing out the good and the bad in a candid way.

I watched the video with Tommy going into some of the 4 doors. They seem pretty awesome. Man, roads are just gonna be crammed with trucks, jeeps, and broncos for a looooong time. I don't know how I feel about that, ultimately lol

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@TFLtruck I would think you guys could definitely address this one! Great question, I'd like to know this as well. I would be interested in a comparison of the quality of the soft top in general to the Jeep. I want to purchase a soft top ASAP, but am not sure if I should go with Ford's top or wait for an aftermarket option that folds ALL THE WAY DOWN (thanks for nothing TrekTop...)

Dakattack

Badlands
First Name
Dak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@TFLtruck I would think you guys could definitely address this one! Great question, I'd like to know this as well. I would be interested in a comparison of the quality of the soft top in general to the Jeep. I want to purchase a soft top ASAP, but am not sure if I should go with Ford's top or wait for an aftermarket option that folds ALL THE WAY DOWN (thanks for nothing TrekTop...)
Agreed. Also @TFLtruck an off road comparison of the black diamond and the badlands would be awesome too. Currently have a badlands on order but lowering to a black diamond has definitely crossed my mind lately. Those steelies look so good...

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. Also @TFLtruck an off road comparison of the black diamond and the badlands would be awesome too. Currently have a badlands on order but lowering to a black diamond has definitely crossed my mind lately. Those steelies look so good...
@TFLtruck Bump on this. Going back and forth between BD SAS, BL, and BL SAS. Pain points are Mid vs High and sound deadening.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The video posted looks decent enough, the kind of stuff we were craving not too long ago and would have dissected for 50 pages.

But yeah, we've seen it all presented in various ways by now.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tommy does good work. Very knowledgeable and relatively unbiased. (y)

Roman is insufferable, always going off-topic on a rant-of-the-day (e.g., sycophantic comments about Tesla's Cybertruck in almost every truck video). 🤦‍♂️

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like them. And Roman bought an F-150 xlt with his own money, so he's not an enemy.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No not our build emails (well yeah, that too)….

TFL BRONCO WEEK! Including a head-to-head comparison with a Wrangler.

Preview:

Video #1 - Focuses primarily on the OB and BD versions

"And this is the yellow one" Thanks Tommy. it's Cyber Orange, but okay.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
We’ll see how she does!

image.jpg

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TFL is great content.

While the ford decision to block them from participation up until now might have been upsetting. I doubt they will leak something ever again.

Alternatively , roman will likely be forced to eat his words when he finally gets off road hands on. If you saw his videos on jeep safari you know he is sour about the bronco and thinks little of it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.