Sponsored

When do we pay for our Bronco - when ordering or delivery?

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Down payment amount over the $100 is dealer by dealer. Some will want more, and I can understand trying to get an amount to make sure the customer has some skin in the game if they don't take the Bronco. It would be upsetting to not get other customers Broncos because someone backed out of theirs and Ford cut you off.

Other side is I wouldn't want to put too much down (ie pay for it all), as if the dealer were to go bankrupt, you probably would not get your money back, not likely an issue, but after 2020, I don't rule anything out.

I'd say the mentioned $100-$1000 is reasonable, with $100-500 being the case for most dealers.
Sponsored

smhenry

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off, I don't have an issue with putting down $500 during the order process, but find it odd that dealers would insist on getting a large down payment. I say this because if a buyer backs out, the dealer has a bronco they can place on their lot and add substantial markup.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Down payment amount over the $100 is dealer by dealer. Some will want more, and I can understand trying to get an amount to make sure the customer has some skin in the game if they don't take the Bronco. It would be upsetting to not get other customers Broncos because someone backed out of theirs and Ford cut you off.
I will start off by saying I fully expect my dealer to ask for between $500 - $1000 for a deposit.

But... this whole "make sure the customer has some skin in the game" is TOTAL BULLSHIT. Whether I decide to invest my money or put it under the mattress is irrelevant. Maybe I just don't like to give out money and not get anything in return, I can do that with my kids all day long. But my kids aren't a business like dealerships are. And you know damn well that if I were to order a Bronco from you, then come delivery I decided I didn't want it... That Bronco would be gone by the end of that day! Tell me otherwise, and you'd be lying.

Now if I went to your dealership looking to order a new Escape.. well sure, then it would make sense for you to ask for a deposit of some sort just to be certain I'm not running around to different dealers ordering up the same Escape just for the fun of it. But this isn't an Escape. This is the Bronco. It's a vehicle that's been non-existent for the last 24+ years. Every one of the first 150k vehicles (just using a number) will be going to someone. And even if I ordered a stripped down Base model, and didn't take it, I still guarantee it'd be off the dealers lot that day.

So how about we save the "skin in the game" speech for another time, it just doesn't fit into this equation.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@EvlNvrDys read this quote again. It is not about not being able to sell that Bronco off the lot. It's about protecting the people further down the line at your dealership.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@EvlNvrDys read this quote again. It is not about not being able to sell that Bronco off the lot. It's about protecting the people further down the line at your dealership.
Yeah I don't buy that. The last line comes off (to me) as saying, Hey I'm not a bad guy.
But I'm just cynical like that.
"Skin in the game" tells me otherwise, and I've heard that plenty of times..

Sponsored

Dajosh

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I don't buy that. The last line comes off (to me) as saying, Hey I'm not a bad guy.
But I'm just cynical like that.
"Skin in the game" tells me otherwise, and I've heard that plenty of times..
For most vehicles I would agree, but since there will be a limited supply of the 2021 Bronco, if people do back out, it could screw some customers. There is also a rumor Ford will punish dealers if the customer doesn't actually buy the ordered vehicle.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

IMO, a $1000 ernest money or less is reasonable. I have ordered vehicles before, I always use my Amex for deposit so I have recourse for the deposit if things go wrong.

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Dealer, Walnut Creek Ford (WC) in California is requesting a $500.00 deposit above the $100.00 Reservation. Which isn't a problem for me. WC has posted here on 6g, and text me. That they will honor X Plan for their reservation holders that have had their reservations with WC prior to 10/19/20. Your recommendations are well taken, and I will get everything in writing before I give them the $500.00 deposit. Thanks.
Can you explain what the X plan is?

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Xplan is not applicable to the 2021 Bronco so don't worry about it.

If you still want to know the search for it. There are plenty of threads on this forum and a million more on the web.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford X Plan Pricing means you can purchase a Ford vehicle at .4% below the dealer invoice price. It also limits dealer fees to $100.00. There is a $275.00 fee that is added to the "grossed up" invoice. X Plan basically saves you money. The higher the cost of the vehicle, the more you save. It also guarantees a set price, eliminating haggling.

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Xplan is not applicable to the 2021 Bronco so don't worry about it.

If you still want to know the search for it. There are plenty of threads on this forum and a million more on the web.
Some Dealers are still honoring X Plan Pricing, even though Ford has not made Bronco eligible for X Plan.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think one dealer announced they would honor the Xplan on this forum.

Some Dealers are still honoring X Plan Pricing, even though Ford has not made Bronco eligible for X Plan.

jcmhere

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep and 1975 vett
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford X Plan Pricing means you can purchase a Ford vehicle at .4% below the dealer invoice price. It also limits dealer fees to $100.00. There is a $275.00 fee that is added to the "grossed up" invoice. X Plan basically saves you money. The higher the cost of the vehicle, the more you save. It also guarantees a set price, eliminating haggling.
I have never heard of this, but appreciate the information.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think one dealer announced they would honor the Xplan on this forum.
Serramonte Ford, and Walnut Creek Ford in California. Grainger Ford in Iowa, and Stephens Auto Center in West Virginia are offering even better deals.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So 2 dealers are offering the XPlan? lol!

Yes! I know about Granger and Stephens. Yes they have a better deal BUT they are not offering the Xplan after Ford removed it from the 2021 Bronco.

Serramonte Ford, and Walnut Creek Ford in California. Grainger Ford in Iowa, and Stephens Auto Center in West Virginia are offering even better deals.
Sponsored