Sponsored

Where to get Bronco mods (tires and lift kit) done near Madison?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You didn't notice when driving? It didn't pull dramatically or shake? I'm surprised that you didn't notice if it trashed those tires that quickly and it was that far out of whack.

Man that's really unfortunate. I'd definitely go back and get my $2k back.
Alignment is a minor but important step.

Sorry for your experience.
Before I left, I asked for the alignment sheet for my vehicle.
This is what I was given.

It's bogus
When put on rack at another shop, it was not remotely close to what J&L gave me.

I was told my vehicle was in spec by J&L
I took it back and they told me again it was correct.
Then they told me "they don't trust their rack"
Also said this has happened before.

They took my vehicle to another company without speaking to me at all
Ford Bronco Where to get Bronco mods (tires and lift kit) done near Madison? Screenshot_20230509-172335_Gmail

My vehicle required adjustable rear links to get aligned.

If you need more info, let me know.
I have considered going for reimbursement but one younger employee was so rude, I said screw it.

After looking at their business, I think they need the money more than I do
Sponsored

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could certainly get the tires one place and the lift in another. Again, I'd research what you want so can call and get estimates from a few different places.
Re: J&L
I've recommended a few friends go there too. Between my work and theirs, I've never had an issue. That said, having the proper alignment is a minor but critical step. It shouldn't have happened. FWIW, they were lifting a new 6g Bronco when I picked up my tires/rims last Summer.
You could also try Middleton Ford. (Middleton Motorsports) Those guys are running a bunch of Broncos and have a social a media presence too. I've taken my vehicles there for service/repairs over the past 15 years. (my F150 Raptor)

I've run BF Goodrich (stock Raptor tire) , Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Dick Cepek M/Ts and Nitto Trail Grapplers (my wife's Jeep) I like the looks, performance and longevity of the Nittos. However, they are terrible in light rain....for whatever reason. You'll see that knock in a lot of reviews. Perfect in snow, heavy rain, mud, off-road & dry roads.
(Nittos have different patterns on either side of the tire so be sure the installer has the same pattern facing out for each tire.)

FWIW, I kept my stock rims and tires and run those in the winter. (I have a SAS Badlands) The salt just trashes the rims. (I've done that with my Raptor, Jeep and now my Bronco.) These ATs or MTs should be rotated every 6 months anyway to insure longevity. Therefore, I can go 60k-70k in miles without replacing the rubber. If you look at it, you're only paying extra for the rims.

Looks like Discount Tire is on this Forum. I remember that I wanted 35x12.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers and new rims for my F150 Raptor. (back in 2013; they didn't make Ridge Grapplers back then) I walked into Discount Tire to order them. The guy looked on his computer and stated that they only had two in stock in the Nation and wasn't interested in helping me order more (I was willing to wait). I left and have never been back.
You might have seen my vehicle getting worked on
You didn't notice when driving? It didn't pull dramatically or shake? I'm surprised that you didn't notice if it trashed those tires that quickly and it was that far out of whack.

Man that's really unfortunate. I'd definitely go back and get my $2k back.
Alignment is a minor but important step.

Sorry for your experience.
I did notice something was wrong. That was the reason for taking it back.
Brand new tires don't drive too bad on a bad alignment. 😆

Kinda sounds like you don't believe what I'm saying.
Here's a shot of my last receipt from them.
You will notice, it was in for tire wear.
This was also the day they provided me with the sheet saying everything was in spec.
If everything is in spec, why would I need to take it to another shop?
Ford Bronco Where to get Bronco mods (tires and lift kit) done near Madison? Screenshot_20230509-180051_Gallery

OP
OP

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Before I left, I asked for the alignment sheet for my vehicle.
This is what I was given.

It's bogus
When put on rack at another shop, it was not remotely close to what J&L gave me.

I was told my vehicle was in spec by J&L
I took it back and they told me again it was correct.
Then they told me "they don't trust their rack"
Also said this has happened before.

They took my vehicle to another company without speaking to me at all
Ford Bronco Where to get Bronco mods (tires and lift kit) done near Madison? Screenshot_20230509-180051_Gallery

My vehicle required adjustable rear links to get aligned.

If you need more info, let me know.
I have considered going for reimbursement but one younger employee was so rude, I said screw it.

After looking at their business, I think they need the money more than I do
Did you also had headlight realignment/calibration?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you also had headlight realignment/calibration?
You got me re-interested in recovering what I'm out.
Let's see if they reimburse me for the alignment and 4- 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT's,

Will send them a letter and give them another chance to make it right.
I will definitely post the results here.

Reactions: ram

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the looks, performance and longevity of the Nittos. However, they are terrible in light rain....for whatever reason. You'll see that knock in a lot of reviews. Perfect in snow, heavy rain, mud, off-road & dry roads.
So good in dry pavement and heavy rain, what exactly is happening during light rain that makes them terrible?

Sponsored
OP
OP

ram

Outer Banks
First Name
Ram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO- 4 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So good in dry pavement and heavy rain, what exactly is happening during light rain that makes them terrible?
Any inputs or feedback on Toyo Open Country lll? I was watching some videos and believe it is better in snow and rain: the cons is on tire noise.

MadCityMan

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While all tires tend to slip n' slide in those conditions, the Nittos seem to be WAY more than you'd expect. Nothing you can't handle but should definitely be aware of on stops/starts and corners/roundabouts in light rain.
Speaking from my own experience with my F150 Raptor, the Ridge Grapplers were worse than the BFGs and Dick Cepek MTs in those conditions. I'm not sure why. If you read reviews on Nittos, it tends to be one of the knocks.
I only ran the Nittos one winter season and they seemed to do great in the snow. I change back to my stock tires in most winter months so my experience with Nittos in the snow is somewhat limited.

Last edited:

MadCityMan

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You got me re-interested in recovering what I'm out.
Let's see if they reimburse me for the alignment and 4- 37" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT's,

Will send them a letter and give them another chance to make it right.
I will definitely post the results here.
Yeah. At least get a credit for future tires. Those ATs and MTs aren't cheap.

I TOTALLY believe you! I'm just a little shocked that it shredded the tires in only a few weeks and you didn't feel anything while driving. Those 37" Mickey T's are likely pretty heavy though.

BTW, the Bronco I saw last Summer was red so based on your profile picture, I don't think it was yours.
Sponsored