First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Under "Bronco", I see a couple of short wheelbase F150's with camper shells on them.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What was Escape II?

You could say the Bronco II was replaced by the 2-door Explorer. Then the Escape replaced the 2-door Explorer after that was discontinued, the Escape morphed into what it is today, and the Bronco Sport is based on the same platform as the Escape.
I think one could argue that the original Escape was a different beast than the present day Escape. Those 1st generation ones were like a smaller Exploder, and didn't really replace it but was an option for someone looking for a AWD SUV that wasn't the full size 4 door Exploder that replaced the 2 door. Somewhere along those lines Ford redid the Escape from a decent little box to that insect looking blob that everyone other car maker offers-it's almost like it replaced the Focus.

Anyways we have a Bronco Sport as well as a Bronco and love them both. The Sport has seen some trails that were well beyond what we thought it was capable of, but still gets great mileage and is a road tripper and helluva winter driver. It's based on the Escape about the same as my Volvo V50 T5 AWD was based on a Focus-might have shared the basic architecture but was a totally different drive.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rusty, you gaslighting too early in the morning. :ROFLMAO:

The Bronco Sport is a Bronco (If you really count 4 doors as being an actual Bronco…..)

Just sayin! Ha ha! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco Sport is built on the same platform as the Escape.

By the way, the Sport is going for up to $50,000 which is truly insane.

My favorite YT car reviewers just reviewed it and I say they were pretty honest about it.

Sponsored

BigMac

Base
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150 and a lot of bikes
Your Bronco Model
Base
the Escape-based "Bronco" is why I ordered a full sized one.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My favorite channel too!

Ford gave them (and a bunch of other reviewers) the Heritage Limited.

I for the life of me cannot figure out why Ford gave reviewers the Heritage Limited trim, because it not at all representative of what the Bronco Sport is all about. It's a max-spec limited production that obviously costs way too much money (much like the bigger Bronco Heritage Limited). And on top of that, the Heritage Limited was discontinued for 2024MY.

Yet that's what they gave reviewers... and just about everyone tore it apart because obviously its not worth the nearly $50,000 price that particular trim was selling at.

Bronco Sport is a solid vehicle in the in the low-to-mid $30,000. Yet they gave reviewers the model that cost nearly $50,000 and expected them to encourage people to go buy one. Like... what in the world was the Bronco brand team smoking?
Not uncommon to show the highest trim/"nicest"/fully loaded models for anything. Look at car commercials, which show a higher trim vehicle and says it "starts at $XX,XXX," yet the fine print on the bottom of the screen mentions it's "shown at $XX,XXX."

Companies think it'll suck in consumers because they'll want it all. However there's a fine line of wanting it all and it being overpriced in many cases.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I drove one last week while they were repairing my real Bronco. It was ok but a far cry from the big boy. To call it a Bronco was a big mistake. Just like the Mach E, it’s not a Mustang. Ford get your head out of you ass.
Sponsored