First Name
Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I must have low standards but the MIC top pictures recently posted looks fine to me? A burr on edges, odd pattern in molding, looks okay to me as long as it doesn’t leak, crack, fade, and keep snow and rain out.

Maybe it’s just how those MIC tops are meant to look because of the matte carbonized grey finish?
it's gonna get scratched anyway, amirite?!
Sponsored

jafrazie

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you actually build a Bronco through a dealer, or just reserve one? You could be in trouble.
Ha. No I ordered. Heck, ordered it twice with all the top drama for FEs.

Ruminant

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Flex
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When and what did you order? FE holder here. Reserved first minutes of launch. No email, nothing. Black hole. Now into the 13th month.
Initial reservation was 7/16/20
Dealer contacted me on 1/20/21
Order confirmation 1/28
Received Scheduled for Production email 5/27
Window sticker appeared 7/14 with a blend of 7/21
Production date of 7/21 but crickets ever since

Firedude

Big Bend
First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Ruminant
Same here,
Same dates mostly,
I did get a pizza timer showing built, but Crickets since.

Sponsored

Ruminant

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Flex
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I the only one who thought we would see a lot of movement this week? It doesn’t seem like I have seen more than a few reports of vehicles either being shipped or delivered from the 7/19 crowd this last week.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Am I the only one who thought we would see a lot of movement this week? It doesn’t seem like I have seen more than a few reports of vehicles either being shipped or delivered from the 7/19 crowd this last week.
I’m wondering if Ford just stopped the system updates for those built but being held, and possibly aren’t starting the updates again when they ship.

Could just be optimistic, but maybe there are way more being moved than we think that just don’t know it.

Curious what @Permaxyz, @Dr.Detroit, and @PREMiERdrum think.

Ruminant

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Flex
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m wondering if Ford just stopped the system updates for those built but being held, and possibly aren’t starting the updates again when they ship.

Could just be optimistic, but maybe there are way more being moved than we think that just don’t know it.

Curious what @Permaxyz, @Dr.Detroit, and @PREMiERdrum think.
From your mouth to god’s ear. (Or at least Ford’s ear.)

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While we're technically in the production phase at Ford on the Bronco line, they're still in the testing phase of production. They're figuring out what's working and what's not working on the assembly prior to going to full production this week. Stuff goes wrong until the process is fully figured out. Something went wrong with a bunch of Broncos. Part of it is getting them put together to ship, but even more important to Ford right now is figuring out why Broncos are not passing QC. That will lead to a process improvement for future builds.

That said, since we're technically beta test Broncos, expect problems. I know I do. At least my wife will let me drive her Lincoln when my Bronco is in the shop. I'm just hoping the Bronco doesn't break while her Lincoln is in the paint shop for a manufacturing defect in her paint. Haha!

Well, actually, it doesn't matter - Lincolns have that concierge service thing, so we'll get a loaner. :cool:

Ruminant

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250, Flex
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While we're technically in the production phase at Ford on the Bronco line, they're still in the testing phase of production. They're figuring out what's working and what's not working on the assembly prior to going to full production this week. Stuff goes wrong until the process is fully figured out. Something went wrong with a bunch of Broncos. Part of it is getting them put together to ship, but even more important to Ford right now is figuring out why Broncos are not passing QC. That will lead to a process improvement for future builds.

That said, since we're technically beta test Broncos, expect problems. I know I do. At least my wife will let me drive her Lincoln when my Bronco is in the shop. I'm just hoping the Bronco doesn't break while her Lincoln is in the paint shop for a manufacturing defect in her paint. Haha!

Well, actually, it doesn't matter - Lincolns have that concierge service thing, so we'll get a loaner. :cool:
Being an early adopter is trading off the coolness of being the first to have the thing, for all of the bugs and glitches. I am thankful for those people who paid crazy amounts of money so they could carry around a 10 pound brick of a cell phone, so that I can now type this message on my smart phone. It’s the same reason it doesn’t bother me when billionaires spend huge amounts of money to shoot themselves into space.

devhodge

Big Bend
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m just posting here to let everyone know that I’m “staying pumped” because I’m hopefully an early tomorrow morning build with a leftover 7/23 2579 rotation (but really to see if I put this thread over 200)…

Inrustwetrust_

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Who's a 7/19 build? 32634BC0-E273-4BB0-94FC-556D12D8546F

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just posting here to let everyone know that I’m “staying pumped” because I’m hopefully an early tomorrow morning build with a leftover 7/23 2579 rotation (but really to see if I put this thread over 200)…
7/23 rotation 2371...
See ya in the morning !
Haha

dang, I was hoping this put us at the 200 page mark...😳
Sponsored