Sponsored

Why different Sasquatch package price for each trim?

Hank Noyes

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep CJ ,Amc-Amx, Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can someone please explain why each model has a different Sasquatch package price? Thanks
Sponsored

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch is an accessories package. As the trim level gets higher many of these accessories are included in the higher trims. So the Sasquatch ends up less on trims that already include lockers and advanced 4x4 options.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because each model has different standard components, so adding Sasquatch means different amounts and types of parts depending on what model you’re starting with.

Also, psychology and capitalism… Ford gonna charge more for items if the market with bear it… which can relate to charging inconsistent amounts depending on the type of buyer (a base buyer vs a Badlands buyer, the relative cost of the starting vehicle, etc).

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah others have explained it already… but just to break it down a little more…

The Badlands trim has the cheapest Sasquatch package. If you look at what’s in the Sasquatch package…
  • Rear lockers — already on Badlands
  • Front lockers — already on Badlands
  • Upgraded front independent axles — already on Badlands
  • Upgraded suspension — already on Badlands
  • Upgraded 4.7 gear ratio — already on Badlands for the manual transmission
  • Advanced 4x4 transfer case — already on Badlands
  • 35” tires — not on Badlands
  • High-ride Bilstein CO — not on Badlands
So… effectively you are only paying for 2 to 3 upgrades by getting the Sasquatch option on the Badlands trim.

Now if you look at the Base trim… none of the options within the Sasquatch package is available on the Base trim by default. Therefore… it costs more.

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah others have explained it already… but just to break it down a little more…

The Badlands trim has the cheapest Sasquatch package. If you look at what’s in the Sasquatch package…
  • Rear lockers — already on Badlands
  • Front lockers — already on Badlands
  • Upgraded front independent axles — already on Badlands
  • Upgraded suspension — already on Badlands
  • Upgraded 4.7 gear ratio — already on Badlands for the manual transmission
  • Advanced 4x4 transfer case — already on Badlands
  • 35” tires — not on Badlands
  • High-ride Bilstein CO — not on Badlands
So… effectively you are only paying for 2 to 3 upgrades by getting the Sasquatch option on the Badlands trim.

Now if you look at the Base trim… none of the options within the Sasquatch package is available on the Base trim by default. Therefore… it costs more.
Super late to the party (and there's probably a better thread by now), but I've recently discovered that the Sasquatch package–on all series–also comes with an upgraded steering rack and tie rod setup (heavy-duty, but not severe-duty from 3.0 and Raptor). @RagnarKon can you confirm? You're a source of truth here and can probably even verify different part numbers if this is the case. Is there a better place to put this once verified or not?

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super late to the party (and there's probably a better thread by now), but I've recently discovered that the Sasquatch package–on all series–also comes with an upgraded steering rack and tie rod setup (heavy-duty, but not severe-duty from 3.0 and Raptor). @RagnarKon can you confirm? You're a source of truth here and can probably even verify different part numbers if this is the case. Is there a better place to put this once verified or not?
The upgraded steering rack and tie rods is only available in the HOSS 3.0 package, which… as of right now is only available on the Wildtrak trim.

In my opinion it should be standard as part of the HOSS 2.0 suspension (Badlands and all Sasquatch’s Broncos). Maybe in the future it will be, but not right now.

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The upgraded steering rack and tie rods is only available in the HOSS 3.0 package, which… as of right now is only available on the Wildtrak trim.

In my opinion it should be standard as part of the HOSS 2.0 suspension (Badlands and all Sasquatch’s Broncos). Maybe in the future it will be, but not right now.
I was talking about this little hidden gem on Bronco Nation. Anything to it? I mean, I'd think it'd be well known by now if that was the case.

Ford Bronco Why different Sasquatch package price for each trim? Screenshot_20220822-192720_Chrome

https://thebronconation.com/broncos-boss-hoss-system-4-levels-of-performance/

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Further down in the article it states that there's a "severe-duty" for the Hoss 3.0 and Raptor. So three setups...basic (all non-Sas), heavy-duty (SAS), and severe-duty (3.0 and Raptor).

I mean, it's what it says 🤷

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let me guess where you heard that piece of mistruth "my dealer said"?

No, Sasquatch does not have and upgraded rack.

Next time it's best to start a new thread instead of digging up a year old thread.

As usual, more BS from BN.

RedShark32s

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Let me guess where you heard that piece of mistruth "my dealer said"?

No, Sasquatch does not have and upgraded rack.

Next time it's best to start a new thread instead of digging up a year old thread.
Read above. And play nice. I responded on an old thread to stay quiet.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Who is the source of the data, BN or a dealer, either way they are wrong, there are only two setups, NOT THREE.
Sponsored