Sponsored

Why should I get the Sasquatch package with a Badlands purchase?

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can see if someone wants a drive off the lot 35 inch tire solution but I want to go with my choice of lift, wheels/tires and it seems like there will be many after market solutions for lift and larger wheels/tires. I can upgrade fenders and even the gearing later for likely the same price or cheaper than the rumored $2500 Sas package for the Badland model. Even if it costs a bit more I feel like the quality is going to be better after market.

Near as I can tell all I'm losing out on is the 3.7 gearing, some wide fenders and wheels/tires I don't really care for. I want to lift the truck, put 37 or 38s on it and I can buy fenders later through Ford or after market sources.

What am I missing here? I'm sure I'm missing something. Thanks
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you don't care for the wheels and tires, then yeah, I think it's best to do it on your own. But I think it'll cost significantly more.

It's not a bad deal if you like the wheels and tires.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you would be better served to buy yourself, if you sell off the tires and wheels from the Badlands. The only factor that may be tough is the re-gear if you do want to go to 37s. For that, you may have been okay with the 4.7 had you had the Sas package. Ford is making it an easier decision to put on your own 35s.

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can always sells the beadlock capable wheels and tires and still retain the 4.7 which alone costs about $2k to have a shop install it. If going more aggressive with gearing then Sasquatch doesn’t makes sense unless the fenders are aluminum as those alone likely $2k aftermarket. Basing all this on Jeep equivalent and what it was going to take to modify my FJ.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35" tires are probably big enough for me, but if not, I'll be glad I have the 4.7 gears.
Having a car without too many 3rd party mods is a big selling point for me. Service at any Ford dealer across the country.

The only reason I wouldn't get Sas is if I really had to have a manual.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So Badlands with Manual has a Final of 4.7 If you switch to Auto it goes to 4.46 and Sasquatch brings to back to 4.7

Of course you get the 35's including the Spare

Does BL come with the Heavier Front 220 Axle? Hope so but if not, squatch adds it.

And I saw something odd... on the Specs it says for Badlands, Ground clearance is 8.3 for base, but 11.5 with 35's... that would mean Squatch give you around a 2" lift (+ 1 for the larger tire)????

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may void your warranty on your brand new $50-60k vehicle if you do it yourself.

That is a deal breaker for me. If I want 35s, they're coming from Ford.

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And I saw something odd... on the Specs it says for Badlands, Ground clearance is 8.3 for base, but 11.5 with 35's... that would mean Squatch give you around a 2" lift (+ 1 for the larger tire)????
Think the ground clearance is mentioned like that on all trims. It starts at 8.3 for the base trim and 11.5 for Sas... But you have to kinda guess for the other trims.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not getting the Sasquatch with the Badlands. B&P lets you select the 4.7 gearing as a no cost option with the auto. Hopefully that is accurate and not a bug.

I keep going back and forth on manual or auto. I'd really prefer the manual, but $1,895 for Auto/2.7L seems like a good deal. Ford's performance tunes for the Ranger, which get close to 2.7L numbers, are around $800 for the 2.3L. Assuming Bronco runs the same, I'd save $1,000 but have to run 91 of 93 octane.

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm debating the same thing as I really want a few extra inches (that's what she said) of lift. The Sasq isn't lifted, just longer shocks and stiffer springs with 35's. Not sure if I want 37's and lift about 3 inches or what. If I do, then probably just get the 33's and lift later and add new tires. If I'm fine with 35's then maybe I just go with Sasq and could lift later. The benefit to lift is make room for bigger tires anyway, does make it look beefier...I believe the IFS actually has a bit better clearance than live axle anyway.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I don’t see anything substantial from the aftermarket until 2023 MY. So choices will be limited for a while.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So Badlands with Manual has a Final of 4.7 If you switch to Auto it goes to 4.46 and Sasquatch brings to back to 4.7

Of course you get the 35's including the Spare

Does BL come with the Heavier Front 220 Axle? Hope so but if not, squatch adds it.

B&P let’s you select the 4.7 with the 2.7 on BLs at no extra charge.

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing the 4.7 available on the Auto makes me less likely to go Sasquatch. Thought process now is getting coil spring spacers if that will fit 37s and wait on the Warthog details revealed or confirmed no longer available before spending on a proper lift including better control arms. No plans to go bigger than 37s just looking for a better performing ride off-road at speed.

PRt of the decision to do this is knowing the badlands already has upgraded coils and shocks. Hopefully the spacers don’t affect that but still concerned those will take time to be provided aftermarket or via Ford Performance. The latter reality might have me just go Sasquatch because if later I decide to trade for a Warthog then it will be a smaller loss then spacers and my own off shelf wheels and 37s. Especially if leasing is offered.

Safest route might just be Sasquatch if Warthog in one’s future. If not then I don’t see any reason to get it unless 35s good enough and one really wants those headlock ready wheels.

If 4.7 is later at ordering not available because it’s just a B&P glitch then Sasquatch a no brained since those wheels retail cost $4k plus and the tires aren’t cheap so I think takeoffs will likely fetch $2k based on reviewing what Raptor bead lock capable wheels alone go for on eBay.

I still think getting hearing from the factory is priceless. Doing it oneself seems to be a skill and no guarantee the shop does it correctly and if it doesn’t then what’s the guarantee? Have never regeared but have considered it often. Perhaps those have can chime in because reality is based on converting what is needed for 37s suggest closer to 4.9 better ratio for off-road performance. Not sure if that would be significant difference for overall performance. My assumption is that it is not so the 4.9 may only be a consideration for the more hardcore or those going taller in tires.

Sorry for the rant. This decision isn’t as simple as it seems.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I confirm- Have people been able to actually order the 4.7 ratio diff on Badlands with the automatic/2.7, without Sasquatch?
Sponsored