Sponsored

Why is the Sasquatch $2500 for Badlands?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm curious why based on the email surveys some got why the Badlands Sasquatch package is $2,500? Plus you'll have to add the Auto $1,600

I was under the impression that the BL pretty much has 90% of the Sasquatch package already stock?

What could possibly cost $2,500 more on this model?

If this is the case for what you already get with the Badlands and you can keep the Manual Transmission if it where me and I was getting the BL I would not want the Sasquatch.

Id run the 33s" and Manual. No Sasquatch and have the best Manual Offroad set up in the line up. $42,000

To me the Best Auto Offroad setup for my money is the Base + Sasquatch. $5,000 + $1,600 for the Auto $36,600
Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s already got most of the suspension, both lockers, upgraded front axle, bumpers, and bash plates. At that point you’re pretty much paying for tires and beadlock wheels.

RavenousHokie

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford EScape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious why based on the email surveys some got why the Badlands Sasquatch package is $2,500? Plus you'll have to add the Auto $1,600

I was under the impression that the BL pretty much has 90% of the Sasquatch package already stock?

$2500 does seem steep to Squatch a Badlands considering it already has just about all that Sasquatch adds, just different wheels and 35" tires instead of 33". Maybe they forgot to subtract the value of the stock weels and tires. Seems they did similar with the tops on some other models, forgetting to subtract the value of the stock from the value of the optional upgrade. If it stays 2500 I will not be squatching my Badlands. I think the 33"s will be great anyway and if I want 35s, I'll take care of that when the 33s wear out and it should cost me a lot less than 2500.

djlumen

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm wondering if the sasquatch package price includes the cost of upgrading to auto. If that was the case 2500 isn't too unreasonable to upgrade to sasquatch from badlands. I didn't see anything in the survey to indicate one way or the other if it's included in the price.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm wondering if the sasquatch package price includes the cost of upgrading to auto. If that was the case 2500 isn't too unreasonable to upgrade to sasquatch from badlands. I didn't see anything in the survey to indicate one way or the other if it's included in the price.
Negative ghost rider. Still gotta pony up for the 10s

Sponsored

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Look at the OBX. Same $5k price as the other models and Auto is standard equipment.

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s already got most of the suspension, both lockers, upgraded front axle, bumpers, and bash plates. At that point you’re pretty much paying for tires and beadlock wheels.
And 4.7 gears

edit: all under warranty

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this is the case for what you already get with the Badlands and you can keep the Manual Transmission if it where me and I was getting the BL I would not want the Sasquatch.

Id run the 33s" and Manual. No Sasquatch and have the best Manual Offroad set up in the line up. $42,000

To me the Best Auto Offroad setup for my money is the Base + Sasquatch. $5,000 + $1,600 for the Auto $36,600
Aren't you concerned about the soft underbelly on that base?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And 4.7 gears

edit: all under warranty
It’s not like the 4.7 adds cost over the 4.46 in the same diff. This is effectively $2500 for tires and different wheels, but still aluminum wheels of probably similar cost. The price is really screwed when you consider Sasquatch on the others is only twice as much...when Badlands is way more than halfway there in cost difference. That sucks.

I’ll probably buy it now without Sas and add 35s for $600 or so more after selling/trading the new 33s.

Sponsored

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s not like the 4.7 adds cost over the 4.46 in the same diff. This is effectively $2500 for tires and different wheels, but still aluminum wheels of probably similar cost. The price is really screwed when you consider Sasquatch on the others is only twice as much...when Badlands is way more than halfway there in cost difference. That sucks.

I’ll probably buy it now without Sas and add 35s for $600 or so more after selling/trading the new 33s.
Its not just the parts cost difference. Have you ever installed a ring and pinion set in solid axle.... forget that, how about IFS.... I’ve done it once and honestly unless you do it everyday it’s an absolute pain in the ass to get it all shimmed correctly. There more value here then parts along. We’re talking factory installed and backed accessories. If you can and want to piece it all together for less, then so be it, but remember you have to pay for the first set of everything and spend the money again on aftermarket.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its not just the parts cost difference. Have you ever installed a ring and pinion set in solid axle.... forget that, how about IFS.... I’ve done it once and honestly unless you do it everyday it’s an absolute pain in the ass to get it all shimmed correctly. There more value here then parts along. We’re talking factory installed and backed accessories. If you can and want to piece it all together for less, then so be it, but remember you have to pay for the first set of everything and spend the money again on aftermarket.
The 4.46 is plenty close enough to run fine with 35s, so I will likely go that route if this pricing is correct and leave it geared as it is. I can get tires I like better anyway for a 4th of the cost it appears (including trade of the 33s) and be functionally about the same.

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4.46 is plenty close enough to run fine with 35s, so I will likely go that route if this pricing is correct and leave it geared as it is. I can get tires I like better anyway for a 4th of the cost it appears (including trade of the 33s) and be functionally about the same.
To each their own. Just keep your warranty in mind.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add 35inch tires and simulated bead locks aftermarket and you’re spending $3k. It would have been nice for it to have been $1800 or $2k but the price is not outrageous.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Aren't you concerned about the soft underbelly on that base?
If Ford doesn't offer under armor besides what comes with it I can always add it through aftermarket which is probably better anyway.

With that said i don't plant on doing hard-core rock crawling and the 11.6 ground clearance will be more then enough to avoid any rocks i come across for the trails ill be driving.

And from what I understand it does come with armor from front to back. Its just not the upgraded armor you get with the Badlands or Black Diamond. The Base has same armor that comes on the Wildtrak. So it's still good.
Sponsored