First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Base Squatch and the options available give me just about everything I want and for the things I do that aren't available:

1. Towing capability - Aftermarket hitches and wiring harnesses are ~$250
  2. Heated Seats - Katzkin custom leather professionally installed with heating/cooling for ~$2k (https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/has-anyone-done-katzkin-degreez.4495/post-109620) - for reference on quality
  3. Remote start - Start-X remote starter (works with factory key fob) on Amazon $140 (https://www.amazon.com/Start-X-Expe...e+start+kit+ford+ranger&qid=1613143773&sr=8-2)
Just to jump up one trim level to Big Bend Squatch with the same drivetrain, base options, and the Mid package and towing would bump up my cost $6975.

(Side note: FWIW that $6975 after 6% sales tax and 3% loan interest at 72 months is actually $8,088.)

I can add the towing and those options listed above that I care about from the mid package for $2400 and have leather seats with a custom color pattern of my choosing to boot, saving me $4575.

And for folks who do plan to do some off-roading, you can then buy quality heavy duty front and rear bumpers, rockers, full underbody skidplating, LED lights, manual swaybar disconnects, and a winch for $4575 (assuming similar costs to the same items for a JL Wrangler) and have a fully actualized and self customized, trail ready machine for the same price as a factory Big Bend Mid Squatch with none of those things.

It's really a no brainer to me. Base Squatch is a value slam dunk.
Aannd after watching the way the KOH Broncos handled the natural environment of my Bronco, who wants to take any chances on a standard suspension?
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was dead set on BD until I built base squatch and realized the value. My current car lacks heated mirrors and a rear wiper so this is already an upgrade. I’ll add bumpers and goodies as time goes by.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok I have built and priced hundred of bronco's so far. Someone tell me what I'm missing.
For price and performance. Base with Sasquatch, V6 twin turbo, 10 speed auto for $37,680
I'm really surprised that Ford offered the Sasquatch on the base but I'm glad they did.
Help me am I missing something?
Was dead set on Badlands 2.7 w/33s for a long time. Now I'm going with 4Dr Base 2.7 Squatch HT Aux Switches.

Plenty of creature comforts! A/C, heat, stereo, 8" screen, NAV, rear camera, power windows, CC, outlets, and lots more!

For me, it's fun getting that much vehicle for low $40s! The $10k I save will buy a lot of beer. As for resale, Base 2.7 Squatch will definitely hold its value!

Probably trade for cheapest, no option Warthog when available.

Last edited:

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went BD because I wanted a manual. Unfortunately I'm on the bubble and there is a very good chance I'll be pushed to 22. If so, I'll be switching to a manual base sasquatch. It really is a great value, especially 2 door.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Was dead set on Badlands 2.7 w/33s for a long time. Now I'm going with 4Dr Base 2.7 Squatch HT Aux Switches.

Plenty of creature comforts! A/C, heat, stereo, 8" screen, NAV, cameras, power windows, CC, outlets, and lots more!

For me, it's fun getting that much vehicle for low $40s! The $10k I save will buy a lot of beer. As for resale, Base 2.7 Squatch will definitely hold its value!

Probably trade for cheapest, no option Warthog when available.
When you say the base has "cameras", what other cameras are you referring to other than the rear?