First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am also torso tall with wide shoulders. Only 33” inseam on my pants.

I have not driven a gladiator but I drove a rental JL Wrangler 4dr from Atlanta to Nashville and back. It was doable but not comfortable if that makes sense.

Height of the seat was a key issue as you mentioned. I would have probably died in any moderate collision from hitting my head on the bar.
Without that sound bar, a little more leg room and the width, you’ll probably be pretty comfortable. I’m 6’2” and have the same leg length as you with an average torso. My head almost touches the sound bar if I lean all the way back. Can’t wait to sit in a Bronco and compare the differences.
Sponsored

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Without that sound bar, a little more leg room and the width, you’ll probably be pretty comfortable. I’m 6’2” and have the same leg length as you with an average torso. My head almost touches the sound bar if I lean all the way back. Can’t wait to sit in a Bronco and compare the differences.
Yeah I just need to find out the “what if it hits the dealer and I dont fit” answer. Not sure Ill get a chance to sit in one before hand.

SVR

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Quick question that I haven't seen answered anywhere. Is the Bronco wider than the jeep? Probably the part I hate the most about my jeep is the interior width. And I also haven't seen anyone mention the slide out tailgate, is that standard? Thanks to everyone who makes this place great by the way.

BigRock

Badlands
First Name
BigRock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive owned a 2009 wrangler but sold it due to the width. My left arm always pushed against the window/door and couldn't get comfortable. I always said to myself if the wrangler was only an inch wider... that's why I'm going for the Bronco

Last edited:

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 6'1 and wear 34s. I compared the Bronco interior numbers with my taco, and they are nearly identical, so it might be worth it to sit in one.

The Bronco gets an extra inch or two of headroom depending on what top you get, but each passenger loses about 1/2" or so of hip room.

I have survived that truck just fine for 10 years now, only having issues with long drives. It was also always a chore to find the perfect/compromised seat position for my clutch leg and preferred steering wheel position. These issues weren't horrible but they kept me waiting until 2020 to look for a new truck... that's when Toyota began to offer power seats in Tacomas.

Thankfully that deal fell through and I will now be getting a bronco, and will probably get the power seats, just to be sure I can make the fit perfect.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a 6’7” gentleman myself Im quite concerned about fitting well in the Bronco at this point. It only has ~2” more legroom and the same headroom as a JL. Does seem a little wider overall but I never have issues there.

I was really hoping it would have been a little bigger.
Ford Bronco Width and slide out tailgate B79232FF-ED1D-4F33-ABE4-B3DECC559401
At least you will look normal sized in a 2dr with the doors removed.

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know the width WITH the mirrors out? I’ve seen the specs of 76.3 inches with mirrors folded but I have almost exactly 96 inches of width for my driveway gate into my backyard where we park.

My Grand Cherokee goes through fine so I’m assuming I’ll have plenty with the mirrors out on the Bronco but does anyone know the width with the mirrors out?
Sponsored