Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know if the Bronco will have a wifi hotspot, like GM's onstar data? It's a saving grace on long rides with the kids.
Sponsored

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
aaaaand que the gate-keeping bros who think you are soft for wanting wifi in your 50k rig and how you are not a true Bronco enthusiast and just don't get it and how nobody on the EB or Wrangler sites needs wifi in their rig you mall crawling poser you.

But to answer your question, I am not sure if it does or not but agree that it will be great for road trip and the kids.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Raptor has it and it is called out to have it. I have not seen that hotspot in mentioned anywhere in the bronco descripton

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

aaaaand que the gate-keeping bros who think you are soft for wanting wifi in your 50k rig and how you are not a true Bronco enthusiast and just don't get it and how nobody on the EB or Wrangler sites needs wifi in their rig you mall crawling poser you.

But to answer your question, I am not sure if it does or not but agree that it will be great for road trip and the kids.
Seriously that shit is getting old

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yes on all trims

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if the Bronco will have a wifi hotspot, like GM's onstar data? It's a saving grace on long rides with the kids.
It will have a built in wifi. The Ford app will need this to communicate with the vehicle for remote start and OTA updates. On the Ranger they gave you 3 months/3GB free service then it's subscription based with AT&T.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tend to just use my phone as a hot spot on long trips. I also picked up years ago a juice box that also sent its own wifi signal out and accepts sd card and USB storage. will plug in a device that has movies books on it so others can stream.

I tend to stear clear of added cell bill items when needed. Just let me be able to use my phone as those sources and I am good. 100% love Android auto...screw paying for a seperate nav service.

chrtra1

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You forgot, 'real men only drive manuals'.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stroopaloop

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Straight up, I'm in it for convertible and doors off driving. Had two wranglers swamped one, other was fun for awhile until it went to junk. My bronco might see a mud puddle. Might?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So are we going to loose are ability to remote start if we don’t pay an ongoing subscription fee?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So are we going to loose are ability to remote start if we don’t pay an ongoing subscription fee?
There’s the ability to remote start through the onboard connectivity and a phone app. That requires the subscription.

Then there’s the way to remote start with the key fob. It does not require a phone app or a subscription.

::Edit::

I was incorrect. See following replies.

Last edited:

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There’s the ability to remote start through the onboard connectivity and a phone app. That requires the subscription.

Then there’s the way to remote start with the key fob. It does not require a phone app or a subscription.
At first it was only going to be free for 2 years, then Ford changed this IIRC in late 2019. I'm assuming they made a deal with AT&T because they knew most would just cancel after the free trial period?
Sponsored